android
Old 06-05-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
(although the skin gives it a different appearance, too)
What u mean it gives it a different look?

I'm getting a burgundy P2 and it should arrive really soon, does the skin make it darker? or sumthing?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-05-2008, 11:53 PM

Just that you're looking at the device through a clear layer of a special polymer material. So even though the material is thin and clear -- it's still adding a layer on top of the surface of your device. So it's not exactly the same as the device without the skin. That's all.

Most people who've installed their protech shields are happy with the appearance. In fact, check out post #21 of this thread. There you'll see a DMP with Best Skin Ever installed -- good close up shots that will give you an idea of what this material looks like when installed on a device. BSE, Invisible Shield, and Protech are all made from the same stuff.

BTW, the last time I checked, the Invisible Shield only offered a screen cover for the front of the P2. Only Protech offers the front and the back, if you want it. And I have to tell you, John at Protech is a class guy. He has a satisfaction guarantee that he stands behind -- I can tell you that from personal experience.

Last edited by busman; 06-06-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:44 PM

nice product.....
i should get one...lol
thanx for the info

Old 07-22-2008, 10:28 AM

I think I might go for one of these. I really don't like the orange texture but I guess I'll have to live with it. If only they didn't have colors on the backs of the crystal cases I like. Not that a plastic case would really protect the P2 if it dropped huh?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 AM

for those who haven't bought the skin for their p2 yet because of the price factor, here's a coupon code for 35% off.

WAN0708

Full Skin: $19.99 -> $12.99
Front Shield: $9.99 -> $6.49

I think it's going to expire today (0708??), so you better hurry up and use it.

Remember there's a life time warranty for these skins. I just got my replacement last week.

Enjoy!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:47 AM

new coupon code!

HOT0808

35% off!

Expires Aug 31st. Enjoy!

Old 09-11-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazzOut View Post
The Protech cover arrived today. Application was pretty much like they advertised in the video (see the above links) - it took about 10 minutes and it wasn't hard.
After it is applied, you can't see the film at all. unfortunately mine arrived with a few small pock marks in the film, a nuisance, but I put it on anyway.
I wish I had waited and wrote for a new cover now... everything else about the product is excellent.
My picture does not do the cover justice - video looks perfect - you cannot see the film at all./ As an extra bonus, the small microscratches that were already on my p2 are completely gone now!
Even if you have a case, i would recommend this cover - just to keep your baby totally scratch-free!!!
BTW - I do not work for Protech, but i do really like their product!
Wow.. that looks a lot better than I thought it would. Do you think they might sell it in a store or is it order-only?

Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 PM

I just ordered this, hopefully it works for me as well as it has for some of you. Unfortunately my p2 already has scratches on the back from the little stand, it kept falling off when my headphone cord moved. -_- I hope this full body screen prevents future scratches.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huey85 View Post
Also, John (founder of Protech) has told me that he has no use for the P2 he purchased to tailor the Protech for, and would like to know if anyone would like to purchase it. It's a 4GB model, I don't know what colour (have asked but waiting for response)... and It will come with a Protech Full Body kit preinstalled.. He's asking for $175USD which I see as a fair deal seeing as it has not been used and comes with a preinstalled Protech Full Body kit. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
That is a rip off, because i got an 8g for $149.99 i bought it at circuit city, and it comes with free speakers

Old 03-05-2009, 07:30 PM

Default ^_^

I just put on my protech full body shield and its still drying.. it looks great so far.. hopefully the microbubbles disappear as it says they would. Ill post photos soon!

Old 03-06-2009, 05:39 PM

Default Here it is after 24 hours!

It looks pretty decent. I am rather satisfied with the Protech full body cover

It's just that a few big bubbles formed after a few hours on the back side with liquids inside.. I didnt see it before when I installed the back which made it hard to take those bubbles out after everything else dried up.. So theres a few bumps in the back but you cant really feel it cause its so thin..
anyways after a painful day, i am rather satisfied and highly recommend it!

finally I dont need a sock for it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9742.jpg (68.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9743.jpg (67.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9744.jpg (58.8 KB, 26 views)

Old 03-19-2009, 01:24 AM

noooooooooooo my case is peeling! :'(

Old 08-26-2009, 03:28 PM

Default Bought today

Based on this thread I ordered the Protech Full Body Kit today. It's going cheap on EbayUS at the moment with free postage. I'll let you know how I get on with it when it arrives and I've applied it.

Oh, just got an email from Protech to say it's been shipped already - wahey!

Old 08-26-2009, 03:43 PM

My P2 is starting to peel so this might be a smart investment lol

Old 09-05-2009, 05:25 AM

Default It's good, very very good...

Despite the very quick delivery from Protech (and great comms from the seller), I was only able to apply the protector three days ago, but now I have I can tell you it's worth every penny.

The two protector films to be applied come complete with excellent easy-to-follow instructions that you'd have to be an eejit to get wrong, while applying them is fairly easy to do and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. The films are cut to the exact measurements of the P2, so patience and a good eye are all you need to get the positioning right and the film stuck in place really. Once applied, you will have to leave your P2 to stand unused for up to 24 hours while it dries off - and as the instructions say, the microbubbles disappear in that time leaving you with a clear cover. Mine looks flawless now, even the tiny scratches that were on the back have "disappeared".

In the hand, my P2 now has a slightly "tacky" feel that I find easier to hold as it doesn't slip, while the touchscreen works exacty as before. The film is entirely invisible. Yes, there's an orange-peely effect, but that's not displeasing at all - in fact I like it, while even if you don't it's certainly better than the effect one tiny scratch would have caused.

But most importantly, does it protect? The answer is yes; a fingernail scratched hard across it does leave a mark at first, but it disappears after about a minute as it seems to self-heal. I'd be a fool to scratch a key across it deliberately (as I've seen done in some videos), but after a day spent in my pocket along with keys etc. I can say it's showing no sign of damage at all, so I've no reason to doubt it'll do exactly the same in harsher environments. The product comes with a guarantee never to scratch, peel off or discolour too...

Lastly, I'd just say this: I don't work for Protech, nor am I associated with them in any way at all - I simply wanted to let you guys know what a remarkably good product this is.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:04 PM

And I still want to recommend it - still no sign of damage or peeling despite some pretty harsh use from me

Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Default Protective Covers

Hi Guys, may seem a silly question, will a cover for P2 fit on the P3?

Tags
p2, samsung