android
Old 12-28-2006, 04:11 PM

Default How is it around your neck? (Lanyard)

My old MP3 player was a cheap one but I loved being able to have it around my neck like a necklace (boy that sounds wierd uh, I'll explain). I'm the type of person that would lose their head of it weren't attached to their neck. I've left a pager on a toilet in Dunkin Donuts, and a Cell Phone in a hotel room. I got a Sansa e280 but I'm thinking about returning it since the firmware is too buggy and the player locks up sometimes which seems normal from all the reads. When I got the Sansa it came with a lanyard but I thought, this is kind of going to be like dangling a small cell phone from your neck. I thought it was a little wierd. Then I saw YouTube videos of the 4gig clix and how small it was but yet with a bigger brighter colorful screen. It looks perfect for wearing with a lanyard.

Can anyone confirm that? I'm just curious if it is as comfortable as it looks, like my old player.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2006, 12:47 AM

I know you can use a lanyard with it, as how comfy it is, I couldn't say as I have not used it (nor found the accesory down here in Mex)

Old 12-29-2006, 05:54 AM

Thumbs up How about the iRiver S10?

Hello Monnie, You could “wear” your Clix in the pouch which comes with the player. Yes, you can attach a lanyard to it—but then the player cannot be seen anymore.

If you are more the type of person who wants to attract people in the subway by displaying your brand new player around your neck (inviting others to consider whether they want to use your player for some time as well ), then you should have a closer look at the iRiver S10 model.

The screen is much (!) smaller, you cannot play any videos or games, but it is very light, can be worn around your neck and as far as I know the sound quality is as good as with the Clix.

I do not know where you live, but the S10 is available at irivernordic.com in Europe for example (very friendly people there).

Old 12-29-2006, 05:04 PM

The s10 is really nice but unfortunately it is only 2gig. I'm not sure if it even plays videos. So if understand correctly, it does not have a lanyard attachment on it but the pouch does. That explains why it doesn't come with a Lanyard, I was wondering about that. Hmm will if I bought it I wold have to find a way to do it. I have my old mp3 player's lanyard I could use. I don't want it around my neck to show off, that would just be asking to get robbed. This one I would put under my shirt and only pull it out to change songs. Anyways, I sometimes wore my old cheap mp3 player outside my shirt and non-techie savy people would constantly ask me what it was while I was in a long line. I wold explain that it is an mp3 players and people look at me like I got 10 heads when I explain that it connects to a computer and holds music and they say "so it's a radio?" lol. So now I would just say it's a radio. Was kind of annoying to have to explain that all the time. You would be surprised how many people never even heard of an mp3 player.

Truth is though, if it's not tied to me then I'll lose it lol. And losing something that expensive would stink. It wouldn't be like losing a $20 beeper or $60 phone. Thankfully I did get the phone back, the girl I met while on the bus was nice enough to answer it and mail it back to me when i gave her my address. lol but that's another story.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:10 AM

Smile Take the Clix, I think you will not be disappointed.

Hi Monnie, With the S10 they have a double function regarding the headphones. In fact these are Lanyard Earphones and when you plug them in, the jack will “click in” as well, holding the ultra light 17.5 gramm player.

No, the S10 does not play any videos and I do not want you to buy the S10 instead of the Clix, because I like the Clix very much myself.

Watching videos is really fun as long as you do not watch films with too many quick movements in it. But the frame rate of 15 fps does not really hurt if you watch Her Majesty's X-mas speech for example.

By the way, in which country do you live? Waiting in line reminds me of my trips to Eastern Europe or the times in East Germany 20 years ago (or public transport in Germany nowadays ). I have seen a post in this forum that the Clix (4GB, I suppose) is available in Romania for about 200 Euros.

There is no problem in telling people that it is a radio, since the radio function of the Clix is very convincing too. You can also record radio shows if you wish. Take the Clix, I think you will not be disappointed.

Happy New Year!