android
Old 02-03-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
That will bring you one step closer to adding the songs to the now playing list but unfortunately I cannot find a way to add a whole artist or album to the GoList.
Sorry. I forgot to tell you that you must also hold down the thumbwheel after pressing it.

Last edited by Enigmatic; 02-03-2010 at 05:42 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Sorry. I forgot to tell you that you must also hold down the thumbwheel after pressing it.
Ahhhh I see now. Center button + Menu/"down" button: cool! This lil' player keeps getting better and better.

Wait, now just holding the center button down adds them... I swear I tried that before but without success. I'm going insane.

Thanks Marvin the Martian and Enigmatic

Old 02-03-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
I swear I tried that before but without success.
I think this feature was added with one of the more recent firmwares. One or more users made the request, and I guess SanDisk decided that it was a useful feature and relatively easy to implement.
Quote:
Thanks Marvin the Martian and Enigmatic
You are welcome.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:29 PM

Default I second that emotion

So, I am not a tech-no nothing (awful phrase i just made up btw), but I certainly don;t understand programming, scripts, etc.

So I echo emma's original question. How hard is it to be able to change and add playlists (note: plural) on the go.

For example, when I am listening to music on shuffle mode, and I come across a song that I want to tag as "rainy day" or "summer tunes" or something stupid like that. For all the advances being made in software these days, this seems like an easy, easy thing.

I read the post about rock box, and I followed up and read a lot more, but I hesitate...simply because I doubt my own ability to implement it. The problem with an on-the-go, or even the 4 pre-loaded playlists you get on some samsungs, is how limiting it is. So aside from rockbox, why the heck aren;t any PMP makers getting into this??? Is there no consumer demand??

All I'm asking for is real-time tagging abilities. How hard is that??

Old 02-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George "Tommy" View Post
All I'm asking for is real-time tagging abilities. How hard is that??
So I've got twenty playlists on my player and want to add the current song to one of them. Doesn't sound like it would be that hard to implement. Editting the location of the song within the playlist might be a bit harder to implement with most players, but using the up and down concept to place a file should work.

I want to create a new playlist starting with the current song. Again I guess it should be OK to implement, as long as a default name is OK, ie Playlist01. Then the next playlist created is Playlist02. [Presumably they could be renamed from a computer, but non-touch screen players do not have a keyboard, and I'm not sure if any touch screen players have a keyboard implementation.]

I wonder how many people would really want this kind of feature. It doesn't sound like something I would want to use very often. But I realize that some people want every song they own on the player, and others (like me) customize what is on the player and create playlists at that time.

Steve

Tags
create, on the go, pc, playlist