android
Old 07-18-2009, 07:27 PM

Default What happened to W Series .. ?

I just ordered the sony walkman w 202 and was surprised that its not even mentioned in abi :0
Is it so bad or is it even not available in US ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Banned

It's just your basic wearable mp3 player. Someone posted photos of theirs in the 'Show off your audio' thread and Cnet had a review of it.
http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/...?tag=mncol;lst

Old 07-22-2009, 02:19 AM

I see, ...
though it still sounds better than the Itouch
and its way more compfortable

Old 09-20-2009, 04:10 PM

I've been using mine a lot more in the past few weeks, since my S639 is away for repairs. The obvious advantage is that there's no wire to catch in desks, chairs, doorhandles, clothes etc. The trade-off is that you don't have that much control over what you play or in what order. And, of course, it only holds 2GB. I've got quite a big head, so the tips of the phones don't seem to go right into my ear canals; at least, they don't feel as if they do. In spite of that, I find the sound surprisingly good.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artkavanagh View Post
I've been using mine a lot more in the past few weeks, since my S639 is away for repairs. The obvious advantage is that there's no wire to catch in desks, chairs, doorhandles, clothes etc. The trade-off is that you don't have that much control over what you play or in what order. And, of course, it only holds 2GB. I've got quite a big head, so the tips of the phones don't seem to go right into my ear canals; at least, they don't feel as if they do. In spite of that, I find the sound surprisingly good.
yes, thats totally it, my ears hurt as well.
I guess my head is big as well ...
the wire between the two units is simply too short, the two units point straight forward this way instead of pointing more downwards.
I sent them back since it hurt too much after one week.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:25 AM

I've had my W202 since last july and i have to say it's an ergonomic masterpiece. I'll admit i have a pretty small head which would explain my differing experience from the posters above, but the fit for me is near perfect and the controls are intuitive enough. Sound quality is fine but i use a larger earbud than usual to boost the bass since there's no equalizer.
One sour note was the moisture issue, which i fell victim to after using it for a 21km half marathon. It lasted throughout the run but i didn't wipe it dry afterward so the mini-usb port on my unit ended up completely corroded, but Sony replaced the whole player for free.
All things considered, i'd still say it's the best secondary DAP to own.