android
Old 12-12-2009, 08:09 PM

Default Q2-How do I delete files from my YP-Q2?

The first time I tried to sync an audio book to this MP3, it synced all my pictures, music and video that was in not only my Media Player but also my desktop and windows picture file. I now can not find a way to deleted the unwanted folders off of the Q2 either using the Q2 directly or via the computer with the Q2 connected. Is this common?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
The first time I tried to sync an audio book to this MP3, it synced all my pictures, music and video that was in not only my Media Player but also my desktop and windows picture file. I now can not find a way to deleted the unwanted folders off of the Q2 either using the Q2 directly or via the computer with the Q2 connected. Is this common?
Sounds like you got attacked by Windows Media Player. You need to carefully go through its options to disable any type of automatic behavior on its part.

You should be able to delete what's on the Q2 by bringing it up in My Computer and accessing the files there. Just have WMP shut off when you do it, then once the files are cleared from the Q2, disconnect it and go through WMP's options menus.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Sounds like you got attacked by Windows Media Player. You need to carefully go through its options to disable any type of automatic behavior on its part.

You should be able to delete what's on the Q2 by bringing it up in My Computer and accessing the files there. Just have WMP shut off when you do it, then once the files are cleared from the Q2, disconnect it and go through WMP's options menus.

Thank you, MtM,
I'll try it tonight. I'll post how it goes. Once again, thank you for the quick response.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post

Wow. You solved my problem. You were right. WMP preferences were set to d/l all unsynced items. I was able to delete all unwanted items on the Q2 and ran a test run to sync just one file. It worked like a champ!

Ancient~

Old 12-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
Wow. You solved my problem. You were right. WMP preferences were set to d/l all unsynced items. I was able to delete all unwanted items on the Q2 and ran a test run to sync just one file. It worked like a champ!

Ancient~
Glad to hear it!

Old 02-07-2010, 12:33 PM

I have a similiar kind of problem - probably caused by WMP.

I have deleted files from my Q2's music -folder, but the songs can still be played with player - although they are not present in music -folder anymore. It seems like I cannot find where those files are - so how to get rid of them? Reboot the system?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDumbo View Post
I have a similiar kind of problem - probably caused by WMP.

I have deleted files from my Q2's music -folder, but the songs can still be played with player - although they are not present in music -folder anymore. It seems like I cannot find where those files are - so how to get rid of them? Reboot the system?
You can always go, on the Q2, Settings-->System-->Format. That will erase everything you have put on the player.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:47 AM

Yep, it seems to be the easiest way to do it. (and also have to remember not to have WMP playing when Q2 is linked to PC...)
Thank you.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDumbo View Post
Yep, it seems to be the easiest way to do it. (and also have to remember not to have WMP playing when Q2 is linked to PC...)
Thank you.
Probably a good idea.

Tags
delete, files, q2, sync problem