android
Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 PM

that's what i was looking for, thanks Angelix.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM

Why would you want cover art at 1500x1500 anyways?

Old 01-20-2010, 04:54 PM

for high quality display in programs like foobar2000
for printing with a high quality printer to make CD sleeves
for archival purposes

Old 01-26-2010, 05:41 AM

I have large HQ album art as JPEGs in the album folders, and smaller album art embedded in the tags. That way I store my music on my computer. When I transfer stuff over to my S9, I have a batch file that automatically deletes all JPEGs from the music folders. So only the embedded, usable, album art stays there for the S9 to display - and I don't waste any space with the huge, for the player useless, album art.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:16 AM

Ahhh, a batch file to rename, I wonder if that would get around the way Windows stupidly adds a (1) to the end of every file name?

I had to change all of the file names on my computer to to get it to work with Foobar correctly, now it does .

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 01-26-2010, 10:15 AM

@dfkt - ah, that is a great idea. it's a lot of work to do the embedding on an entire collection, but i have a feeling me and my S9 are going to be pretty close in the upcoming years sounds like a nice rainy day project. btw, how did you write the batch script? with some albums, i have upwards of 20 artwork files (cover, back, cd, 15 booklet images, posters, etc) - does your script simply delete ALL jpg's in the folder or does it seek them out by a specific string?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:35 AM

I'm using AlbumArtDownloaderXUI to acquire my album art, and Tag&Rename to embed it. It's not much work if you're used to the routine - but yeah, catching up with a whole music collection can be quite some work. For batch resizing images I would recommend Faststone's excellent Photo Resizer.

Here's the content of my batch file. I gave my S9 a dedicated drive letter, so it always stays assigned to U:\ in my case. The batch file just changes directory to the music folder, deletes everything I don't need from there and from all subfolders, changes back to root, then to the audiobooks folder, and deletes everything there. That way it leaves the images and system folder untouched.

Of course this will only work in MSC mode, since MTP is too retarded and patronizing to give you a drive letter.

Code:
u:
cd music
del /s *.jpg
del /s *.jpeg
del /s *.gif
del /s *.bmp
del /s *.txt
del /s *.log
del /s *.nfo
del /s *.pdf
del /s *.rtf
del /s *.doc
del /s *.htm
del /s *.html
del /s *.lnk
del /s *.sfv
del /s *.m3u
del /s *.pls
del /s Thumbs.db
del /s Desktop.ini

cd ..
cd audiobooks
del /s *.jpg
del /s *.jpeg
del /s *.gif
del /s *.bmp
del /s *.txt
del /s *.log
del /s *.nfo
del /s *.pdf
del /s *.rtf
del /s *.doc
del /s *.htm
del /s *.html
del /s *.lnk
del /s *.sfv
del /s *.m3u
del /s *.pls
del /s Thumbs.db
del /s Desktop.ini

Old 01-26-2010, 11:13 AM

@Technex, with Windows Vista i can do a search for .jpg and all my images show in that search. i can highlight them all and name to Cover and all them are named Cover and yes... MS screwed up on this and the Adding of (1), (2), doesn't happen. i run Vista on a Virtual Machine to to rename my Album Art.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex View Post
Hi guys,

Spent ages going through all my Albums and adding a Folder.jpg image to each of them.

In Foobar2000 (My laptop's audio player) it displays these fine but the Cowon S9 doesn't.

Is it meant to be called something else?

A bit annoyed after all this work!

Cheers,

Laurence
i have an artwork issue too. i used wmp which loaded the artwork via the sync facility.
some artwork loaded and is seen in the now playing, and also in the matrix of covers. then for no reason some artwork drips out. The artwork drops out either completely for all views, sometimes only in the matrix and other times it will be assign to one track in an album and not to other tracks.
i have tried to unload and fully reload, then the s9 shows a full viewing, but again will randomly drop artwork. i have tried re installing via wmp without first unloading the corrupted file, but it makes no difference. This problem happened on the firmware supplied, and on re installing the latest 2.51. i dont see why it works with some and not other files. this also seems to happen regardless of the originals of the artwork (direct from cd, via wmp find artwork or using own artwork.
just seems to be sloppy programing to me.
it also makes no difference if i use windows7 or xp as i tried it on both.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:29 AM

What is the max resolution that the S9 can use for album art?

Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
i have an artwork issue too. i used wmp which loaded the artwork via the sync facility.
That's your issue - don't use that piece of junk WMP or MTP. If you don't like to drag'n'drop or use MSC mode, you could give Mediamonkey, J.River, Winamp, or other, better apps than WMP a try.

Or you could use specialized tools like MP3Tag or Tag&Rename to tag your files properly, with embedded album art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyer93 View Post
What is the max resolution that the S9 can use for album art?
Enough... 1000x1000px images are no issue at all. I have no idea what's the maximum supported, but anything reasonable (and not so reasonable) works.