android
Old 01-30-2010, 08:43 PM

Default cowon s9 radio

hi all,
i am very much interested in buying S9 but just wondering how good is the radio reception of S9. As some where in forum i read the radio reception is not good. which made me think either to buy p3 or M1. Any suggestion or comments regarding the radio reception would b very good..
thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-31-2010, 03:01 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

I think it depends on your location ... in my case it reception is not as good as on my old P2, however my biggest issue with Radio on S9 is lack of RDS ...

Old 01-31-2010, 03:29 PM

Default m excited

hi there,
thnks for the quick reply. well, i am just back from city and got my s9 from BnH. so excited, as of now radio seems good but hope it works well at my work place.my P2 don't have any problem playin radio at my work place. it it don't work good i got no choice but get p3. I am just so excited and thrilled going thru firmware upgrade and now getting a UCI them.. Oah by the way, whats RDS?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Radio Data Service. If your radio has it and the stations support it, then usually the radio can display channel, song, and/or whatever the station wants it to when playing a song.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:00 PM

Default hey

Can they can do that with the firmware upgrade or u need somthing spl... if they can do that with firmware.. i would surly write them some mails man...am very much satisfied .. only thing worries me is the radio.. hope it don't get nailed down by my old p2

Old 01-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

RDS is not supported by radio tuner in S9 - so the firmware update cannot enable it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettermp3 View Post
Can they can do that with the firmware upgrade or u need somthing spl... if they can do that with firmware.. i would surly write them some mails man...am very much satisfied .. only thing worries me is the radio.. hope it don't get nailed down by my old p2

Old 02-01-2010, 11:50 AM

thnks claws, well lastnit i been digging all thru the forum and most of the time i end up in ur forum, thnks very much for all those contribution..am still getting to know with my s9 lol....lets see.. the radio works fine at my work today.. bout to go work....hav a grt day 2 all in forum

Old 02-01-2010, 11:53 PM

thnk da lord !! yup am officially owner of cowon S9. radio works perfectly fine at my work place and somewhat seems better than the P2. well just to let other know, anyone whoz around NY n NJ they shouldn't have problem with the radio..