android
Old 01-26-2010, 09:41 PM

Default Free Video Converters Compatible with Walkman.

There may be previous threads on this, but does anyone know of any good video converters that work well with Walkman? I've tried iPod and PSP converters but they don't work all that well with my A826 player.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-27-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2911 View Post
There may be previous threads on this, but does anyone know of any good video converters that work well with Walkman? I've tried iPod and PSP converters but they don't work all that well with my A826 player.
You could try Media Go. It's a media management program that is available for free from the Sony website. I've been using it to put videos on all three of my players (an A816, A818, and an E430) and it works well. You select the video and send it to the player, and Media Go takes care of converting the video and putting on the player.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 01-27-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMP3PlayerFan View Post
You could try Media Go.
Oh! That's something I should try one day! I like Media Go a lot, but I can't use it often because I'm on Linux and usually run ffmpeg tailored command-line scripts.

Handbrake and Avidemux on Linux can also convert videos for my Sony E430. So I believe that their respective Windows editions should work as well. I use Handbrake's iPod profile to create AVC mp4 files (I just reduce the video bitrate to 500Kkps and audio to 128kbps). With Avidemux for the moment only Mpeg4-ASP (Xvid) video files work for me. Any iPod or x264 converted file from Avidemux I give the player to read is said damaged.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Try Pazera's Free PSP Converter. The MPEG4/AAC presets work with both my e345 and s639.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:13 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'll try each of them out.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:06 PM

You're welcome.
I will correct my previous post. I think Avidemux can also produce great AVC Baseline video files for you. I use both Gentoo and openSUSE Linux and I have discovered yesterday that Avidemux on Gentoo creates video files that my Walkman play perfectly. The x264 mp4 files the Sony has rejected came from the Avidemux installation on openSUSE.
However, I will post my custom avidemux presets on the forum.