android
Old 12-11-2009, 04:33 PM

so might as well get that sony? I dont think i had the head line on my head unit. So all cassette are the same? Is there a recommended brand of cassette that isnt too pricey? or is the sony good enough

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-12-2009, 04:46 PM

Never mind my car doesnt have a cassette player either . So what am I left with now? I have the 2006 Mustang..

Old 12-12-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ako View Post
Never mind my car doesnt have a cassette player either . So what am I left with now? I have the 2006 Mustang..
To stop my wife from using headphones while driving in serious high speed traffic, I tried some different fm transmitters. The best one by far (none will be as good as an aux in) was the "Monster Mobile RadioPlay 300" which I got for much less than list price, I paid $21.99 at Buy.com including shipping. It has three preset stations, but can be set to any three frequencies where you find relative quiet. Once it kicks in, it produces silence for a background and pretty fair sound quality. I tried it on a strong station in my rural area, the one they play all day at her job, and it rode right over the station and produced the silent background and played the music no problem.

I liked it so much I got another. It's small and easy to use, good tight fit in the cigarette lighter socket, red lighting that doesn't blind and can be dimmed. Now I can get in any vehicle with a radio, including my oldest work truck, and use my player immediately.

I wouldn't use the cassette, moving parts and wear. I have a few kicking around somewhere that I never used, came with satellite radios or something.

You can get after market aux inputs for some factory stereos, I got one from Crutchfield and it works great. A bit difficult to wire in, have to pull the radio from the dash to get at the connections, but Crutchfield has super good tech help, they will work with you, while you are out there with a portable phone.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
To stop my wife from using headphones while driving in serious high speed traffic, I tried some different fm transmitters. The best one by far (none will be as good as an aux in) was the "Monster Mobile RadioPlay 300" which I got for much less than list price, I paid $21.99 at Buy.com including shipping. It has three preset stations, but can be set to any three frequencies where you find relative quiet. Once it kicks in, it produces silence for a background and pretty fair sound quality. I tried it on a strong station in my rural area, the one they play all day at her job, and it rode right over the station and produced the silent background and played the music no problem.

I liked it so much I got another. It's small and easy to use, good tight fit in the cigarette lighter socket, red lighting that doesn't blind and can be dimmed. Now I can get in any vehicle with a radio, including my oldest work truck, and use my player immediately.

I wouldn't use the cassette, moving parts and wear. I have a few kicking around somewhere that I never used, came with satellite radios or something.

You can get after market aux inputs for some factory stereos, I got one from Crutchfield and it works great. A bit difficult to wire in, have to pull the radio from the dash to get at the connections, but Crutchfield has super good tech help, they will work with you, while you are out there with a portable phone.
Oh that kind. My sister had the Monster FM transmitter that connects Ipods and I think she said it was decent because is would always fuzz or radio would interupt. Is the Monster 300 like an upgrade making it a lot better than the one my sister used?

Old 12-15-2009, 03:25 PM

should i just get the monster mobile radio play 300?
best one out?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 PM

Just got the Monster Radioplay 300 FM transmitter and sound quality is not so great..
The best station i found played my music but had distracting little crackling noise that will sometimes be little but sometimes gradually get louder.

Are all FM transmitters like this?
or is there a recommended sounds setting on the s9 i should put on ?
Should the player volume be less than the stereo?