android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon S9 > Cowon S9 Accessories

Old 01-23-2010, 04:20 PM

Default Hard-disk v flash... what are best inner-ear phones for a basshead?

Iím a click away from buying the audio technica cks70 phones and Iíd like some opinions as to the best inner-ear for true bass... not just a thump. I really love the S9 and the overall sound quality is the best Iíve heard, but the quality of bass on flash players canít match that of hard-disk. My first pmp was the now prehistoric Iriver h100 series Ė gorgeous, rich, deep skull-rattling bass - and when youíre out and about with low frequency noise from traffic, on the tube or bus it retains its clarity unlike the S9. Iím thinking that should carry both players around with me Ė Iriver for music and S9 for everything else, but that defeats the whole purpose of buying the beautiful S9 in the first place. My current phones are sennheiser cx300 and I hope cks70ís or any other quality phones will recreate that richness of bass without muddying. But if flash players canít reach that depth will splashing out on expensive phones do any good?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-23-2010, 04:32 PM

I'm not convinced that the method of storing the files on the device (e.g. hard drive or flash) actually have anything like the the consequences you've described.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Banned

HDD vs Flash has nothing to do with it.

ie8s with the notches clicked up on both phones.. Bass like you wouldn't believe. Ruben Blade's Buscando America is presently blowing my head off - and I'm enjoying it... The Who next...

Last edited by Dreamnine; 01-23-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM

You may just need to adjust the EQ. I found I got better bass by uping the treble settings. It seems to clarify the uppers while at the same time the bass also becomes less muddy even though the bass is left flat. Of course if your earphones can't do bass, nothing will help.

Tags
bass, inner-ear, s9