android
Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 PM

Help good mid-priced speaker docks for non-ipods?

I was planning to purchase a 4gb Sansa fuze, but then I found out that there are virtually no speaker docks compatible with it. The only one I could find is ugly and out of my price range. Is this the case with all non-ipod mp3 players? Do I have to buy an ipod if I want to use it with speakers? My price range is $60-80 for an mp3 player, and around $40 for speakers. Also, I am a mac-user, should this make a difference in which mp3 player I buy? Maybe this are stupid questions, but I have never owned an mp3 player before. I'm clueless

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I use a pair of powered computer speakers with mine, or plug it into my big stereo.

A lot of those "iPod speaker docks" have an input jack that will let you hook something else up to them, but I refuse to buy one of them.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:28 PM

I use a sansa base station for my sansa. Its a speaker-less dock with a line-out that I connect to some speakers at home. Way more options this way, and it sounds MUCH better than any speaker-dock that I have ever found. I was using the Klipsch Promedia 2.1s for a while to give you an idea of some decent speakers to pair with them. I've since replaced them with DIY speakers and the combo makes an excellent home jukebox =)

Sansa Dock

Old 01-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I also use the one above and there is this one available from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-9211-S...4475201&sr=1-3

Tags
dock, sansa fuze, speakers