android
Old 01-22-2010, 07:56 AM

Default Cheap Sansa with same ac adapter as my View?

I'm looking for a cheap (the cheapest possible really) sansa that will have a connection that is compatible with my Sansa View (the proprietary sandisk one). I also need it to have a rechargeable battery. Storage isn't an issue... it can be as low a 512MB.

I'd prefer that it were new, but refurbished or used would be fine too.

I'm not really asking for where to buy one at the best price (though if someone has suggestions that would be great... just not important) but rather trying to find out what model(s) I should start looking for.

Basically my wife has stolen my view so that there's always music playing in the bedroom. It plays one CD over and over and over again, and it's not a real good use for my 16gb view, but I can't have it back until I have something to replace it. Since I already have the AC adapter for the view, I'd like to get something I can use with that.

Any advice you all have would be great. I really want my MP3 player back.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 AM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the View use the same 2.0 USB data hotsync & charging cable cable as the Sansa e200, e250, e260, e270, e280, e200R, e250R, e260R, e270R, e280R and C200. Any of these should fit the bill, just shop price ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-22-2010, 08:26 AM

It doesn't use the standard usb 2.0 cable. It uses Sandisk's cable that's wide and flat on one end with the SanDisk logo.

I looked at the e200 (the first on your list) on this site and it said it comes with a standard usb cable, which I'd guess isn't the same thing. This cable is definitely a proprietary cable.

It's the cable in this picture:

Old 01-22-2010, 08:31 AM

to me the cable is interchangeable on Sansa products. I own a Fuze, e200's and swap out the cable all the time. The View shouldn't be any different. Your pic looks like an e2xx and not a View?

Old 01-22-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterPoet View Post
It doesn't use the standard usb 2.0 cable. It uses Sandisk's cable that's wide and flat on one end with the SanDisk logo. ... ...
Then why do they sell the cable stating that it works with all those products? Check it out, I found it ...

Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 AM

@Walkgood - it's entirely possible that I'm wrong. The reson that I asked, though, is that I was looking at the clip+ on this site, and the pictures of the cable showed a standard mini-usb cable, which wouldn't work at all on my view, so I'm not sure. I don't have a great place locally to check them out, and of course the pictures online are usually sub-par to determine things like connections. I guess my main concern is that they may have moved to standard usb with the newer devices, but like I said, it's entirely possible that that's not right.

@oobergeek - that's not my device. I just grabbed the pic off google images because it's the same adapter.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterPoet View Post
@Walkgood - it's entirely possible that I'm wrong. The reson that I asked, though, is that I was looking at the clip+ on this site, and the pictures of the cable showed a standard mini-usb cable, which wouldn't work at all on my view, so I'm not sure. ... ...
I didn't mention the clip in my response above, you are correct, the clip does not work with the view's cable, it has as you say ...

Edit: here is the cable http://www.amazon.com/Hotsync-Chargi...4173274&sr=8-2

Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

jesterpoet:

The clip and clip+ use a standard mini-usb as you noticed. The Fuze uses a proprietary cable that looks like the one you pictured. Note, I did not say it was the same.

You could probably buy a Clip and a simple charger for less than a Fuze. But I haven't shopped that pricing. Watch the ABi Clip forum for refurbished deals. The good folks there post them regularly.

Steve

Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 AM

Fantastic! Just the info I needed. Thanks!