android
Old 01-05-2010, 06:32 AM

Unhappy Why won't my cowon shuffle playlist?

Cowon s9 will not shuffle the playlists I made with Media Monkey. What am I doing wrong? And also, why is the album art flickering a green border around it every couple of seconds??

-Thanx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-05-2010, 11:32 AM

The reason it's not shuffling is because you speak English. The S9 speaks "icon".

In the player look for the icon at the bottom of the screen that looks something like a "recycle" symbol. If you don't see it, hit the "FLIP" (whoa, English!) button. The "recycle" icon will bring up two more confusing icons, circular arrows pointing at each other and arrows crossing each other followed by the English word "All". I guess they couldn't find an icon confusing enough to represent "All".

Hit the icon the has the two arrows crossing each other. This means "shuffle" and will enable the shuffle mode. You can confirm it's in shuffle mode at the top of the player by checking the second icon at the top of the screen. Don't be confused by the first icon if it shows two arrows pointing at each other at right angles. That means "repeat", a completely different meaning from two circular arrows pointing at each other which means "don't shuffle".

I love the S9 interface!

Old 01-05-2010, 12:30 PM

Thanks. This Cowon is confusing. What happened to just having shuffle mode, play all, add to selected, create playlist...you know....english. LOL.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thank God we have someone here who speaks icon! Google translate is useless for that. The icons wouldn't have been so bad if they were more, well, standard. I guess Cowon decided to come up with their own to avoid any copyright infringement worries.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
Thanks. This Cowon is confusing. What happened to just having shuffle mode, play all, add to selected, create playlist...you know....english. LOL.
The UI on my old crappy Creative Zen seems so simple: hit a button and I'm presented with a list of functions in English (or whatever language you select). I never have to think "OK, the player is in 'two right angle arrows pointing at each other/two arrows crossing each other to the right/All mode." I think an abbreviated characters (i.e. "Sf" for shuffle, "Ct" for continuous, "Rp" for repeat) would be more intuitive than these wacky icons.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:25 PM

the shuffle buttons/icons really do get confusing. I still forget what the hell is or isn't shuffle.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post
The UI on my old crappy Creative Zen seems so simple: hit a button and I'm presented with a list of functions in English (or whatever language you select). I never have to think "OK, the player is in 'two right angle arrows pointing at each other/two arrows crossing each other to the right/All mode." I think an abbreviated characters (i.e. "Sf" for shuffle, "Ct" for continuous, "Rp" for repeat) would be more intuitive than these wacky icons.
Yea I know what you mean, Scowl...And I really miss my easy playlist options (sigh). Everytime I switch from mtp to msc, my playlists get deleted. LOL, oh well, that's what firmware updates are for, I guess.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:53 AM

Why do you switch between MTP and MSC? That's a sure recipe for disaster with any player that supports both transfer modes.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Why do you switch between MTP and MSC? That's a sure recipe for disaster with any player that supports both transfer modes.

I switch b&f because some cowon rep told me I had to if I want to make playlists and plus I use some of UCIs.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 AM

Wow, that was some mighty careless and bad advice. Constantly switching between transfer modes sure isn't the right thing to do, it's bound to mess up quite a few things. Stick with the one mode that works for you - which probably means MTP. However, I can't give you specific advice since I don't use playlists at all. I know in recent firmwares Cowon supports playlists in MSC modes as well, next to Claw's UI playlist support.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Wow, that was some mighty careless and bad advice. Constantly switching between transfer modes sure isn't the right thing to do, it's bound to mess up quite a few things. Stick with the one mode that works for you - which probably means MTP. However, I can't give you specific advice since I don't use playlists at all. I know in recent firmwares Cowon supports playlists in MSC modes as well, next to Claw's UI playlist support.

Yea I've been meaning to check out the Claw playlist thing. Thanks though, I will stop switching back and forth too much