android
Old 01-05-2010, 03:19 PM

Default Video + recording D2+

Hi,
Before buying D2+ I'd like to know if it's possible to play - dvix movies through D2+ and watch them on TV (to use it as DVD players).
One more question: is audio recording on D2+ still WMA format or it's possible to record Mp3 files now?
Thank's

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-05-2010, 03:37 PM

The video output of the D2 is only 320x240 pixels, so it will look a lot worse than a DVD, especially on larger TV sets. Are you also aware of the fact that the D2 only plays 320x240 encoded files? Meaning, you can't just throw any XviD/DivX files on it to play, you have to transcode every movie to the specific format the D2 can play. A Cowon S9 or i9 would be a much better choice for video, they support native video playback without transcoding, and have a better video output.

It only records to WMA, unfortunately no useful formats are supported.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:58 AM

Thank's a lot
One more question:
Is it possible to record on U5 with line in cable from external mic/ device by connecting it to USB port?
Thank's

Old 01-06-2010, 07:42 AM

I'm not sure I understand your question - but no, you can only use the line-in cable with analog sources, not USB.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:43 AM

I mean to record with U5 like on D2+ with line in cable