android
Old 12-31-2009, 11:34 AM

Default Lossless Audio FLAC to WMV - Tag issues

Hey all,
I have some flac files ( lossless audio )
This format is not supported on the player, I copied it on and the player did not see the files.
So I used dBPowerAmp to convert them to wav lossless windows format.
I coped them over and they played great.
HOWEVER, the tag information including the graphic album art did not show up on the player. I use Tag&Rename to add the graphics and tag information.
I think this is more a windows issue, when I click on an MP3 on my version of Vista 64 Ultimate, I see a preview of the album information at the bottom left hand side of the screen.
However, even though I added the Tag information to the FLAC and WMV files ( after converting them ) I do NOT see a file preview of the album cover on the bottom left hand side of windows explorer, then though the graphics and tag information show up in Tag&Rename and they also show up in windows media player.
Anyone else have this issue?

fynx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-31-2009, 11:44 AM

I assume you mean WMA, not WMV (which is a video format)? Or do you mean WAV, which is something completely different? It's not clear from your post. If you converted from FLAC to WAV to WMA, your tags will certainly be lost, or at least screwed up. Converting directly from FLAC to WMA should preserve them somewhat better.

WMA has a crappy inferior tag system, probably the album art is too big for WMA standards. I think it has to be maximum 64k or 128k size, or something along the lines. Can't say for sure since I don't touch that codec/container.

WAV has no universal tag system at all, most players wouldn't be able to read the relevant RIFF chunks.

Personally, I would choose a better, more hassle-free format than WMA for your player, like Nero AAC or LAME MP3.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:48 PM

Yeah, sorry I meant wma.
I am converting them but they do not seem to play on the player.
When I convert from flac to AAC, I choose:
Force LC ACC, and Quality (VBR) at 400Kbps.
These do not seem to work.
Can you check these settings in the attached picture to see if I have the right stuff checked.

thanks

fynx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FLAC - AAC.jpg (38.2 KB, 16 views)

Old 12-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't think you need to use such a high quality setting/bitrate, to be honest. But that's me.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynxgloire View Post
Yeah, sorry I meant wma.
I am converting them but they do not seem to play on the player.
When I convert from flac to AAC, I choose:
Force LC ACC, and Quality (VBR) at 400Kbps.
These do not seem to work.
Can you check these settings in the attached picture to see if I have the right stuff checked.

thanks

fynx
AAC 425kbps VBR works great for me, i also converted them from FLAC.

im running ver 1.02 on the X1000

Old 07-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Old thread indeed. Apparently bumped open to continue the spread of this silliness. Can't see where it's in anyone best interest to continue that debate anywhere but there.

Thread Closed

Closed Thread