android
Old 12-25-2009, 04:45 AM

Default E280 and ubuntu

Hi

I'm new with linux, i have it on my netbook. I'm traveling and i have only my netbook. My problem is that when i upload music to the player i see the songs on the pc but when i disconnect the player i dont see the songs on the player.

i read a lot an i found out that i have to delet the database manuelly, but how i can do this? or what else i have to do?

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-25-2009, 05:13 AM

This thread might be helpful
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=312196

Old 12-25-2009, 09:58 AM

Default Rockbox

I second the Rockbox recommendation in that guide. Works great for me using a Ubutu netbook.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:08 AM

thanks

maybe i should try using rockbox

Old 12-26-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layla View Post
thanks

maybe i should try using rockbox
Rockbox is great, but you should be able to transfer files to the original firmware without problems on ubuntu.

Just set the usb mode to "MSC". Your sansa should be recognized as mp3 player and automatically opened. Drag and drop files to the music directory and you're done.
U(n)mount your sansa (click right mouse button on the icon of the mp3 player) before removing the player.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:58 AM

Yes i connect the player under MSC the other mode doesn't work.
i can delet files without a problem and under windows i didn't have also any problems. only drag and drop and it's done, but under linux i put the files on and unmount the player but i can't see the songs

Old 12-26-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Yes i connect the player under MSC the other mode doesn't work.
i can delet files without a problem and under windows i didn't have also any problems. only drag and drop and it's done, but under linux i put the files on and unmount the player but i can't see the songs
Hmm strange. And when you reconnect the player do you still see the files you have already copied? Do you open the Music directory or do you try to copy the files to a music program?

You could also try copy-paste instead of drag and drop. Shouldn't help though.. but you might be doing something wrong and another method could help.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:05 AM

when i reconnect i still see the files. i open de directory when i copy music, without a musicprogramm.

i will try to do it with copy-past.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
when i reconnect i still see the files. i open de directory when i copy music, without a musicprogramm.

i will try to do it with copy-past.
Everything should work... if the files are copied the official firmware should see the files without any problem.

You might also try to add another directory in root (i.e. Muzik) and drag the files to that directory.

I assume you are not trying to copy to a sd card?

Old 12-27-2009, 09:04 AM

had no time today to try with copy past, i will do it tomorrow.

no i'm not trying to copy it on an sd kard, normal intern memory

Old 12-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The only time that Iíve ever heard of the issue you are having is when someone first loaded tunes via MTP and later discovered how great MSC is or needed it for mounting to linux or other osís and then for sure you canít see files.

You probably donít want to try this while traveling, in case you end up with no tunes, but I would format, reload the latest firmware and reload tunes, this has always worked for me.

Not that you need this in this case, but in case of disasters I wanted to point out a great Ubuntu guide for recovering a e200 here. Good luck and let us know how you made out Ö

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-28-2009, 04:38 AM

maybe i know the problem now.
i connect the player with mtp. when i try msc it says connecting same seconds and then cames disconnetec oO

when i copy the songs with copy - past same problem, i don't see them.

how can i connected the player under MSC?

haha i got it. because you mentioned itunes, i tryed banshee and i see the player and it successfuly transfered the songs.

Last edited by layla; 12-28-2009 at 04:55 AM.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I know that banshee allows sharing of music libraries with iTunes and other DAAP-compatible music software but I didnít mention iTunes, I said tunes, which is the same as saying music or files. Please correct me if Iím wrong, but doesnít banshee only support MTP/PlaysForSure firmware, wouldn't it have been easier just to set it up MSC?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t banshee only support MTP/PlaysForSure firmware, wouldn't it have been easier just to set it up MSC?
Let me update your knowledge! Banshee is great for MSC devices. Just enable the Mass Storage Devices plugin to let it show your USB music devices. If your player is not recognized you can add a well written .is_audio_player file at the root of its drive.

A quick explanation of the Rhythmbox .is_audio_player sample: We have a device where music can be copied and found in the MUSIC and RECORDINGS folders, supporting 2 levels of sub-folders (like Artist/Album) and able to play ogg-vorbis, wma and mp3 audio files:
Code:
audio_folders=MUSIC/,RECORDINGS/
folder_depth=2
output_formats=application/ogg,audio/x-ms-wma,audio/mpeg