android
Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Clip+ battery

Did anyone get a measurement on the Sansa Clip+ battery and find out what the PCB attached to the battery is. Could a new battery be soldered to that same board? I'm looking around for a LiPo battery of similar dimensions and seeing if it can eek out a few more mAhrs but I need some dimensions and some info!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i saw some people asked about replacing the battery, I'm thinking upsize, not just resolder. I find it hard to believe that 290mAh is the best one could get in that thing...

Old 12-14-2009, 09:25 PM

Not to be mean, but if you're already going to open it to solder a new batt. in, why don't you just check yourself? There's an ABi article about how to disassemble it, too.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

well i'm not gonna bust it open for no reason if there's no other battery that will fit in there...that would be pretty stupid now wouldn't it?...calm down there sparky. If you don't have an answer, kindly move on the the next thread...

Old 12-14-2009, 10:26 PM

Here's an idea for you, do it yourself. There's a reason its called DIY sparky Your the one thats all hot and bothered to do it so it's you who may have to be the pretty stupid one to crack it open and figure it out.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

there's a ton of people that have already opened theres...like the ones who have had to resolder the battery. There's no point in me opening it unless I can actually replace the battery, which I figured wouldn't be all that big of a deal for those who have already opened theirs...oh well...the hell with it

Old 12-24-2009, 12:06 AM

You won't fit a substantially larger battery in it, they designed the thing custom to only be as big as would allow THAT battery to fit, if there were spare room they would have made the Clip+ casing even smaller.

You also won't find a same size battery with a capacity increase enough to bother with, even if some off-brand cell claims higher it's likely to use an internal construction that degrades so fast that soon enough you have even less capacity than you started with.

When in doubt, look at the teardown pics. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2009/08/sandisk-sansa-clip-plus-disassembly.php
No room for the next larger sized battery.

For more runtime you either have to go with an external battery or opt for a player with higher capacity like the Fuze.