android
Old 11-24-2009, 02:27 PM

Clipv1 is very stable for me. Used it for plenty of hours, and even played games during listening to some audiobooks. Still have to experience my first crash.

I am using the log version r22873M-091002, and haven't had a reason to update yet.
Anyway thanks a lot for trying to solve the issues. No worries though, there are no deadlines for OS software developers and we should be happy with what you guys already did.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2009, 06:28 PM

No worries about the delay on the stable release. I consider you all miracle workers for getting rockbox onto the Clip v1 in the first place!

One big question I have though: Why doesn't Sansa embrace open source projects like Rockbox? It really could give them a competitive edge on Apple's iPod. Who knows what could happen. We could even possibly have a Sansa device that runs Google's Android (or whatever!) and have it similar to the iPod Touch.

If nothing else, Sansa could make it easier by providing diagrams and such for their devices. After all, with this pending Rockbox release for the Clip V1 you have created more demand for the V1!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:46 PM

I'm using Rockbox version r22873m-091002. I find the battery life to be very poor...

But what I really want to know is, what is your workflow for podcast? So far, I'm not too pleased with the Rockbox/MediaMonkey combination. Any way to have the old podcast removed and the new ones put on that would be more automatic?

Thanks!

Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkar View Post
But what I really want to know is, what is your workflow for podcast? So far, I'm not too pleased with the Rockbox/MediaMonkey combination. Any way to have the old podcast removed and the new ones put on that would be more automatic?
I don't see how that has anything to do with Rockbox, since there's no specific podcast/audiobook options in Rockbox. Sounds like something Mediamonkey or whatever other sync app used should be responsible for.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:00 PM

Any news on a release date/time, or any progress since the recent build?

Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 PM

Read the last few pages in this thread, that's the status quo. Read the front page of Rockbox, too.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarilynx View Post
Any news on a release date/time, or any progress since the recent build?
We released a couple weeks ago.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
We released a couple weeks ago.

Any idea on a possible timeline for Rockbox for the Clip+

Old 12-06-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalker.te View Post
Give it time, the player was recently released ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-06-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalker.te View Post
A port can't start to the clip+ until Sandisk releases a firmware update to it. But IMO it'll probably happen about the same time as the ClipV2, they're very similar inside. Its just that no one is working on the ClipV2 so theres no progress.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:12 PM

Default latest "stable" firmware for sansa clip v1

First, thanks a lot for "porting" rockbox on sansa clip, it's wonderfull... miraculous!!
I've installed r22873M-091002 on my sansa clip 4go (silver) and it seems to work fine until now ! I want to know if it exists a newer firmware which is , as, or more stable than this one.. maybe I'm dreaming ? However, r22873M-091002 is yet very good and already give me satisfaction! So why this question ? Just because i'm curious, that's all ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by gilles; 12-09-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilles View Post
First, thanks a lot for "porting" rockbox on sansa clip, it's wonderfull... miraculous!!
I've installed r22873M-091002 on my sansa clip 4go (silver) and it seems to work fine until now ! I want to know if it exists a newer firmware which is , as, or more stable than this one.. maybe I'm dreaming ? However, r22873M-091002 is yet very good and already give me satisfaction! So why this question ? Just because i'm curious, that's all ;-)

Thanks in advance!
The latest official builds on the Rockbox site (which are over 1,000 revisions beyond the one you're using) work very well on the Clip v1 at this point. I suggest going there.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:13 PM

Default firmware

I've tested two recent builds in r239?? ( i don't remember the two last numbers) and when i installed it on my clip, it "freezes" frequently during playback ( 15 and 30 minutes of use before crash approximately ) that's why i posted my question.
I don't understand why recent builds are less stable than my old one, is ther any reason, can you explain me what happen ?

Thanks for your answer.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilles View Post
I've tested two recent builds in r239?? ( i don't remember the two last numbers) and when i installed it on my clip, it "freezes" frequently during playback ( 15 and 30 minutes of use before crash approximately ) that's why i posted my question.
I don't understand why recent builds are less stable than my old one, is ther any reason, can you explain me what happen ?
Assuming you're using one of my old logging builds, I never figured out why they should be more stable. And in fact for me they were not all that stable, with about one crash per hour verses basically never on the main build.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:40 AM

Thanks for precisions, i'll keep your build until someone post good feeback about any future version.
Thanks one more time for rockbox on sansa clip, i really enjoy it !

Old 12-11-2009, 07:06 PM

I upgraded my Clip today to the newest build and bootloader. Previously I was using the last bootloader that dfkt posted. With the previous bootloader if I held down the Home button while turning on the Clip it would boot to the original Sansa firmware. With this new bootloader, the button has changed to the rewind button. Is there an easy way to edit the file to map this functionality back to the Home button?
Other than this small quibble, the latest build is rock solid for me, everything I have tested works great.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:14 PM

You could probably just keep using the old bootloader, unless its extremely old I don't think anything else has changed.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Seeing how that's how you boot to the OF on all the other sansa's, it makes sense to me.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Seeing how that's how you boot to the OF on all the other sansa's, it makes sense to me.
Same here. My suggestion for ytsejam1138? Adapt.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Same here. My suggestion for ytsejam1138? Adapt.
Yep, that's what I decided to do.