android
Old 01-26-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Stuck on Refresh Database

I've installed the latest firmware... and then it tells me to unplug and the player shud do the rest... i load it up and a window that says "Refresh Database" with a loading bar on the bottom loads up and has been stuck on like... 1/10 of the bar for more than 3 hours... does anyone know a way to restore to factor default or a way to solve this? Don't care if i lose all the music... I have it all on the comp... Thankies

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2007, 10:18 AM

My e270 just did the same thing a couple of days ago. I removed the 4 screws in the back and removed the battery, put it back in and put the back cover back on. It started up fine. It didn't erase my music but it wasn't displaying the IDtag information properly. I hope this isn't a common problem.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:04 PM

Yeah... I've heard of that else where and tried... nothing happened...

Old 01-29-2007, 08:27 AM

press "ON" for about 20 seconds...then ur player will restart...

ur problems should be solved =)

Old 01-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Rockbox Developer

If it doesnt solve the problem, connect the player to your pc and delete the database file. <sans adrive letter>:\SYSTEM\DATA\PP5000.dat

If that does not work try reinstalling your firmware.

If you cant connect to your pc, go into the recovery mode pressing ON and REC button while hold switch is activated. Then plug your Sansa to your pc and insert the new (can be the same version as the one on your player) in the 16MB-FORMAT drive. Then restart.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:19 PM

Talking

Hey guys thanx fo da input and all... i got the Sandisk to do it fo me with the eBox thingie... mine wudn't even read on the computer when plugged in... so... here wuz the solution

Quote:
This issue could have been caused by file corruption or system errors on the device.

We should be able to fix your player. Disconnect the player from the computer if it is connected.

Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your Desktop.

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/D...fw01.00.12.exe

Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.

1) Double click on "My Computer" so that you can see it on your screen.

2) Turn the player off.

3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.

4) On the left hand side of the player is a "Record" button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under "My Computer" called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the record button.

5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click finish.

6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.

7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.

Please advise results.

Should you have any other concerns and queries please let us know, it is indeed our pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,
Arthur Kenneth V.
SanDisk Technical Support
If anyone else has this problem just luk here

Old 01-30-2007, 09:58 PM

"...it could take up to 3 times for it to work."

Interesting. No mention of repeating this procedure was officially made before, as far as I know.

Maybe this was the missing bit. Perhaps a lot of Sansas would have been salvaged if we knew we had to insist up to three times to fix them...

Old 07-20-2008, 09:02 AM

Hi Arthur -

I followed your above steps, but on Step 5 when trying to run the exe. file I previously downloaded I get the following error - 'Application failed to read the version details.' Can you help?

Here is what is in the version text file located under 16MB format - if this helps....

Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-01.01-RN01.02.031-D
Base Code: 05.51-S301-01.01-RN01.02.031-D
ODM Ver.: S301-01.01-RN01.02.031-D
OEM Ver.: RN01.02.031-D
Build Type: -D
Build Date: 2006.12.14
Build Number: (Build 32.10)

Thank you.
Karen

Old 07-21-2008, 01:18 AM

I have the "refreshing database" freeze problem. I followed the above instructions but when i hold down the record button and get to the reset screen, i don't get the new icon in my computer at all. I repeated the steps several times....now what????????

Old 08-10-2008, 11:39 PM

I have the "refreshing database" freeze problem also. When I turn on my e250 the screen gives me a "battery low" message and shuts down. I plug in the USB cable and the screen lights up, gives me the "refreshing Database" window, the "progress" bar begins to move, gets about 3/4 of the way to the right side and stops and then the screen goes black. I've tried a number of things to recover the data and nothing seems to work.
I need information compatible with Windows XP Professional SP2 to clear this up. Everyone seems to be using MAC OS or Lynix on these boards.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:51 PM

Thanx to MastaAzumaerk I was able to restore my e250 to working order with just one try after downloading the software. CUDOS to you.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:54 PM

Hey there im a newbie to the forum but not to pc's I'm having the same problem as ksajbel but mine is in the msd mode i can't seem to change it to the proper mode. Also my 260 is doing a strange image shift up and over to the left about half the screen. any suggestion

Old 06-15-2009, 01:20 AM

That's what I did. My e260 got stuck so i downloaded something about i found over the web, like a "version" (
http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/<wbr>File/D...fw01.00.12.exe).

The refreshing problem was solved BUT i can not play my music. My Computer says my e260's memory is almost full, with all my music I had before I downloaded that version, i just have like 3 artist, i had more than 100. I can play it over rapsody, I can search if i open "my music" folder on my sansa, but the music doesnt appear ON the player on the sansa software.

What can I do? Please help me, my ridings to my job are getting super bored.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:21 AM

mine says "ERROR! The downloaded image was not compatible with the connected device" ... I'll give it 3 more tries :P lol
....2 more...... (cool thing is that when you keep it locked, going back to recovery mode is way faster than if i turn the lock off)

ok..... I drop... Always the same message even after all those tries.

[E250 Sansa with that fameous beta firmware that seems to kill the ability of the player to read mi4 files and sansa.fmt, and the bin.] [i made another thread explaining my whole problem and the procedures i tried]

[I should have at least tried to remove all files on the main partition (2gb) when i still had access to it ]

All solved up :P

You could try a firmware refresh without formatting - do not use beta unless you follow the quote i put in my thread about renaming the firmware files lloll ....

Refreshing the firmware shouldnt delete the stocked files (your own)

Last edited by Monkeymann; 06-26-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaAzumarek View Post
Hey guys thanx fo da input and all... i got the Sandisk to do it fo me with the eBox thingie... mine wudn't even read on the computer when plugged in... so... here wuz the solution

If anyone else has this problem just luk here
I have the same problem but the link is no longer working.
do you have the software if you can share it to me my e-mail
alex-corn@att.net or any web site to download it. thanks...