android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman

Old 11-30-2009, 06:39 PM

Default Sony Walkman Model NWZ-S616F not been found when connecting?

Hi,

I have a Sony Walkman Model NWZ-S616F & it had been working fine up till 2 days ago. I have installed the latest version of Tune Up 2010 but I can't see any reason why that would stop my walkman connecting. Anyhow. When I connect the device it makes 3 sounds & then sometimes my wireless internet will stop working & I have to repair it to get it working. The walkman will not show up in the Windows explorer although it does show up in device manger with a big yellow ! in the middle. When looking to see about the drivers it says it cannot find them. it works fine on my laptop & I have tried to copy them but it didn't work. Now when I connect the device & try looking at the properties in device manager it says 'Walkman could not load the installer for WPD. Contact your hardware vendow for assistance'

I'm really stuck & don't know what to do & have tried various things on getting it to work. What gets me is it works on my buddies desktop & the laptop.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Alex

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-30-2009, 06:41 PM

I've never owned a Walkman and never plan to, but it sounds like driver issues. If you have the cd that came with it, try that or the sony site.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Well, now the only problem is if I can find the disc that came with it

Does anybody know if you can download the content what comes on the disc?

Old 12-01-2009, 04:30 PM

Managed to solve this issue. Updates to the latest version of Windows Media Player & it worked fine.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:03 PM

Try this and use it in MSC mode , by using the following steps:
* Click on the Start button and Select Settings. Then click on Control Panel.
* Double click System, and then select the Hardware tab.
* Click on Device manager.
* Click on the '+' for Portable device and you will see "Sony Player".
* Right click and select "Update driver".
* A Hardware Update Window will open, Select "No, not this time" when windows asks to search for software. Click next. Check the "Install from a list or specific location" checkbox and then click next.
* On the next screen select "Don't Search. I will choose the driver to install".
* Click next and then you will see a window showing two drivers that are compatible with your player.
* To put the device into MSC mode select "USB Mass Storage Device" and click next.
* A finish installing driver will appear and your device will now appear as a hard drive on your system.
* To switch back to MTP mode, open the device manager as above and click on the "+" for "Universal Serial bus controllers" and you will see "Sony Player".
* Then follow the steps above until you reach the "Select the device driver..." screen in which you select "MTP device".
* Then click next and your device will be reset back into MTP mode.