android
Old 11-29-2009, 02:39 PM

Default D2 went through the washer...

..and it still works!
I leave things in my pockets all the time, and chapsticks, money, my 5x5 rubiks cube and all sorts of stuff have all ended up in the washer / dryer.
I never imagined my D2 would get into the wash because with my case, it has some weight to it. I looked in horror at my moist D2 & stock headphones. This was the first PMP that I personally bought and I was really mad at myself.
I actually decided to try and take it apart and then buy a new PMP, maybe a D2+.
Thanks to the way the Cowon was put together, I was unable to really take it apart too much.
It left my mind for a few days and lo and behold I tried to turn it on and it worked, along with the phones. The battery wasn't even drained. My 8gb kingston SD card inside the player also survived.
So I guess if anyone is doubting the reliability of this player..it survived the clothes washer. (And maybe the dryer too..I don't remember.)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-29-2009, 09:13 PM

many users have done this. all you need to do is let it dry for like 3 days at the most and it'll be ready for use again. happy to see your D2 is alright

Old 11-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Congrats on the save, the problem most suffer is that they turn them on right away, without letting them dry out a few days. Doing that would fry somthing and most likely ruin the battery too.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc