android
Old 11-28-2009, 09:10 PM

Default Which "folder" to drop my recorded books into?

Hello!

Kinda new here and to these tiny MP3 Player "things." Lots of questions already answered by reading this great forum. Here is a silly one because I can't see the forest for the trees:

I don't understand the directory tree in my Clip+ player. I rent Recorded Books from my library in MP3 format (or I convert them to MP3 format.) I have the Clip+ set to MSC mode. Using Explorer, I drag my MP3 book into Music (since I only use this thing for books and Music is the default option upon boot up.) My book not only appears there, but also in other places (Folders)(Internal Memory) (Music....is this the same folder I see in Explorer?) I can see the book in my Music folder from an Explorer view, but can't seem to find the other instance of the book to delete it (do I have really have two copies of the book?)

So, anyhoo, can I just drag my book to the root folder or do I have to put a book in the audiobook folder? Like I mentioned, I probably will seldom if ever use use my Clip+ for any music.

Thanks
Michael

Last edited by MichaelJ07; 11-28-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Cloudy brain cleared.....a little.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You can put them anywhere you like--the Clip+ will find them and display them. The caveat:

The Clip+ will display files via their included ID3 tags, under the Clip+'s listings for album, artist, and title, or via a folder view, like on your computer. I think this is why you are seeing your files "twice" on your Clip+. It's just 2 ways of getting to the same info. (the files). But as you will see, you only see them listed once via your computer.

If you are using the folder view, the Clip+ lists the files via the file and folder names. For the ID3 tag view, the Clip+ needs the files' ID3 tags filled in (this can be done under the files' properties under Windows, or via ID3 tag editors such as MP3Tag (Internet freeware)). The exception to this: for audiobooks and podcasts, the Clip+ will default to the file and folder names if the files are placed in the Clip+'s Audiobooks or Podcasts folders and don't have ID3 tags filled in (1 reason to use those folders--I use them to help keep things organized), and will do likewise if the files' ID3 genre field is set to Audiobook or Podcast and the files are anywhere on the Clip (SanDisk did this so that the user does not need to fool around with ID3 tags much for these more transitory files).

I hope this helps. And, by the way, welcome! The Clip and Clip+ are great little players--you'll like yours.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:08 AM

Your information is great, Mikerman. It helps a great deal. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Michael

Old 11-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Glad to hear it helps--it actually makes sense, once you get used to it. Enjoy your player--would be hard without it!