android
Old 11-28-2009, 11:34 AM

Default M3U file necessary to keep ?

Hello. When I was transferring media in MSC-mode on to my clip i noticed that in my PC-folders there were together with my tracks an M3U file.
Now my question is:
Is this file of any importance what so ever ? What should i do with it ?

Thank you //

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-28-2009, 11:37 AM

M3U files are just playlists. You can ignore/delete them.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:42 AM

Thank you for sucha quick reply. Shows the high quality of the abi forum

Edit:
When I'm at it I might as well ask about the firmware update. I dl'd from abi's forum and got a ziped vlc media. I placed in the internal memory folder but there was no update what so ever.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:54 AM

You have to unzip the archive, and put the "m300a.bin" file for a v1 Clip or the "m30pa.bin" file for a v2 Clip in the root of your player - not the zip archive.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You have to unzip the archive, and put the "m300a.bin" file for a v1 Clip or the "m30pa.bin" file for a v2 Clip in the root of your player - not the zip archive.
I unpacked the file. And put it in. The root directory by definition is the highest folder in an hierarchy so i take it it is the internal memory folder. And that's where i put the m300a.bin (which shows itself as an mediafile by having the vlc cone as filepicture btw"

Old 11-28-2009, 12:06 PM

VLC sure registered itself with the wrong file suffix there, but that doesn't matter (VLC thinks it's a subtitle file, I assume).

Only thing I could think of is that you have a v2 Clip instead of a v1. Check your installed firmware in the Clip's system info settings. If the firmware version starts with 1.xx.xx it's a v1, if it starts with 2.xx.xx it's a v2.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:06 PM

I thought so to but i checked the Syst Settings ----> Info and it's currently at V 01.01.05F so that would be a V1 clip right ?

Old 11-28-2009, 01:07 PM

ROFL! It's a Clip+, not a Clip - those are quite different things. There is no updated firmware for the Clip+ available yet.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:09 PM

Guess that explains it then