android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 10-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Well, one possibility why they would want to deny Canada, is if Canada put heavy embargo's on their imports. You add the extra expense of importing their product on top of the known low numbers of sales (via P2 sales previously with marketing, stock persistence, and good timing of product etc) could make it unprofitable to have their devices in Canada, let alone pay for advertising in an already ipod gripped market.

Being we don't really know with any certainty that Canada is or is not putting severe embargo's on the imports..... We really can't say with any certainty that it is or is not a strategic denial of Canada.

I'm willing to bet that Canada isn't making it very profitable for technology to be established here in Canada. It's pretty much got to be well established to make any money for a company.

Where, if Canada reduced or totally removed import embargo's on technology, it provide a much more welcoming environment for companies to try out their new concepts and wares.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-29-2009, 04:27 PM

Oh, I see. I was not aware of the Canada's methods.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:58 PM

Yo man, I am not claiming that is Canada's method. I'm suggesting it could be, and would probably be a serious issue.

Please don't twist my comments into definitive and or all inclusive concepts. They are mearly possibilities with no direct factual evidence to support them aka speculation.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:38 PM

hey, well, ii am also pretty upset, about this whole samsung bullshit. I recently misplaced my samsung P2 cable, and, was hoping to grab one of those fancy belkins multi cord kits that comes with car wall and data cables. I was very pissed off to find out, that not only do they not carry P3, but, best buy, future shop, and wallmart have stopped selling any Samsung players at all.Nothing, nothing at all, Future shop, has, well, ipods ofcourse,and some decent looking sony players, then, pissed as i was, i went to wallmart, and looked for anything that ressembled a good MP3 player, and of course, a case of ipods.....AND THAT WAS IT!!! NOTHING ELSE<NO SHITTY NO_NAME BRANDS, NO SONY's, NNNOOOOOTTHHHIIIINNGGGG!! Is there anyone who can tell me where i can even find a samsung device in canada? any store?? at all??? I live in ottawa, and as far as i know, if there are such things as samsung outlets, we dont have any...is there anyone who knows of another store that would cary any samsung player?

Old 11-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusPrime View Post
hey, well, ii am also pretty upset, about this whole samsung bullshit. I recently misplaced my samsung P2 cable, and, was hoping to grab one of those fancy belkins multi cord kits that comes with car wall and data cables. I was very pissed off to find out, that not only do they not carry P3, but, best buy, future shop, and wallmart have stopped selling any Samsung players at all.Nothing, nothing at all, Future shop, has, well, ipods ofcourse,and some decent looking sony players, then, pissed as i was, i went to wallmart, and looked for anything that ressembled a good MP3 player, and of course, a case of ipods.....AND THAT WAS IT!!! NOTHING ELSE<NO SHITTY NO_NAME BRANDS, NO SONY's, NNNOOOOOTTHHHIIIINNGGGG!! Is there anyone who can tell me where i can even find a samsung device in canada? any store?? at all??? I live in ottawa, and as far as i know, if there are such things as samsung outlets, we dont have any...is there anyone who knows of another store that would cary any samsung player?
Sadly, no brick and motar stores as far as I know. The only way Canadian's can get Samsung products is to order online and have it shipped to Canuck land.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat39 View Post
Sadly, no brick and motar stores as far as I know. The only way Canadian's can get Samsung products is to order online and have it shipped to Canuck land.
Nope; I couldn't find one either in any store. So I ended up ordering it on-line. Why don't you try doing that?

Tags
canada, p3, release, supply