android
Old 04-01-2009, 04:02 PM

Default Vision M only loads when connected to mains

Hi

First post - bit nervous. I have had my ZVM 30gb for two years without any problems until yesterday.

I had it connected to my PC (with AV cable) and mains. It was working fine before then. Anyway, while connected to the TV it was flashing as if the battery was being recharged at the same time.

Unfortunately, I left it in this state overnight, i.e. connected to TV and the mains. It seemed to have switched off by itself when I next tried to use. I unplugged it and it would not turn on at all. All I get is flashing blue light for a while and then nothing.

Now, if connected to the mains, it works *FINE*. No problems at all. It will only boot up when connected to the mains. Even when connected to my PC using the USB connection, it needs the mains to start it up and then it is OK while connected with my PC. But as soon as I unplug the USB cable it goes totally dead. In fact, not even the flashing blue light. Have I somehow fried the battery? Another thing, if I unplug the mains while connected to the PC with USB cable, I see the battery symbol with about 80% battery full! But, it does not show it charging at all.

When connected to the mains, I get the battery with the mains symbol in it but not charging.

Could it be I have somehow fried the batterys by just leaving it plugged into the mains for about 24 hours? Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Robie

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM

just to clarify, by mains you mean the ac adapter right?
anyway, try resetting it, and then turning it on, i don't know how you could have fried the battery by extended time plugged in unless your adapter went bad and zapped it with way to much power or something along those lines.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrododorF View Post
just to clarify, by mains you mean the ac adapter right?
anyway, try resetting it, and then turning it on, i don't know how you could have fried the battery by extended time plugged in unless your adapter went bad and zapped it with way to much power or something along those lines.
Yes, absolutely correct. Connected with an AC adaptor.

Resetting doesn't work, i.e. I have reset it few times already but to no avail.

It could be that my adaptor zapped it with too much power as you say. I have to connect to the A/C adaptor for it to start and then I can use it fine and connect to my PC. Once connected to PC, I can unplug the a/c adaptor and still be able to copy/move files etc. But, as soon as I unplug it from USB/mains - it dies. I am lost.

Oh! When connected to the A/C adaptor, it doesn't charge but shows the mains symbol over the battery.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 PM

Unhappy No battery funktion

My vision M does not react at all using the USB, (tried all tricks). When I use the AC charger, I get the blue light and that is it. Nothing on the screen and no respons on any button Do anyone know what I can do?

Old 11-15-2009, 02:00 PM

When you try and charge using mains (plug) and get plug symbol instead of battery from my experience it means battery is no good
easy fix replace battery
I got mine from ebay

Tags
battery, fried, load, unplug, usb