android
Old 10-14-2009, 01:47 PM

Default Will the D2 Drive AKG K181 HEADPHONES OK ?

Hi, can anybody tell me if the Cowon D2 Will drive the AKG K181 DJ STUDIO HEADPHONES OK ? ie would i need a portable amp as i do actually have the fiio e5 aswell, but just need to no the above and also do you think the AKG K181 Is Better than the Sony MDR-V700 ? Any opinons please and especially if you own the above..

Thankyou from

brian

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-08-2009, 06:17 PM

I own AKG k181s and let me tell you, spend your money on a better pair of headphones, you could probably get the k171s for cheaper. These headphones are marketed as being rugged but after 3 weeks of owning them the right ear broke off. I handled them with precise care and they broke when one day I just picked them up and right as I'm about to put them on CRACK and I get smacked in the ear with a jagged edge of the axle that broke. Biggest waste of money. Also if you don't heed my warning yes the D2 will power them.(Edit):Forgot to add, that base boost switch, the one with large club small club written on it does nothing. Yeah, I took them apart after they broke and the switch was connected to absolutely nothing.

Last edited by Royal_Express; 11-08-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Express View Post
Forgot to add, that base boost switch, the one with large club small club written on it does nothing. Yeah, I took them apart after they broke and the switch was connected to absolutely nothing.
Then you probably got a faulty pair. I tested them in a store and the switch certainly did change the sound.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:01 PM

cheap fake on ebay maybe?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Spirit View Post
cheap fake on ebay maybe?
Bought em at a store. Now that I take a second look at them yes they are fake. The AKG logo is just wrong...