android
Old 01-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Banned

Default Insignia Bluetooth Speaker Adapter

The NS-BT300F, available at BestBuy for around $30, is a little adapter that will fit on ANY IPOD speaker dock, and let your bluetooth player use it for music playback. I've got one. No buttons on it. No battery. You simply plug it into the dock's connector, have your P2 look for it as "stereo headset", and it will show up as the NS-BT300F.

Pretty amazing device. My P2 now plays music wirelessly to my old iPod speaker/alarm dock.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Banned

I bought one of these too after reading your review, 4DThinker. I was in BestBuy yesterday looking around, and overheard another customer asking a clerk if they had any speaker docks for the Samsung P2 4GB model he was buying. They have a long shelf full of ipod docks in all flavors and prices. The clerk was telling him "no", so I interjected and pointed out the little adapter above as a way to use any of the iPod docks with his P2. The clerk was as surprised as the customer was and had thought that adapter was a bluetooth adapter to plug into your iPod. IN the ten minutes or so I expained how happy I was with it, at least five other customers had gathered around. By the the time I left they had picked all the adapters that BestBuy had off the shelf for purchase. Only one of them had a P2, but the rest were looking at bluetooth adapters for their assorted iPods after they saw this insignia dock adapter.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:00 AM

actually that's pretty sweet =D

Old 01-31-2008, 01:45 PM

Dang!!!!!! I bought my Bluetooth speakers too quick. ARRGH!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Banned

Cool

It'll be OK, bo. Your bluetooth speakers will still work and you won't need to spend another $30 to make them work. I suggest you take that $30 saved and use it to entertain your sweetie on Valentine's day.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Good idea, 4D.

p.s. You just scored big points with the women, man!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:51 PM

Hey; I have a question. When you use this with an ipod dock, can you use it to pause/fast forward/etc your P2?
Thanks.
Black 60GB Creative Vision M (Cracked Screen)
20gb Iaudio X5L (Unable to Transfer Files to/from)

Old 02-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmspringcreek View Post
Hey; I have a question. When you use this with an ipod dock, can you use it to pause/fast forward/etc your P2?
Thanks.
it would have to be avrcp compatible, and i doubt it. too bad, but then again, with the playr being wireless that kinda eliminates the need to use ir remotes etc that belong to the dock

Old 02-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Banned

I just tried controlling my P2 at the iPod dock via bluetooth and no, no pause or next controls work. I'll run another test and see if the insignia adapter and my ipod dock can control my iPod via bluetooth. I've got a clunky bluetooth add-on adapter for my Touch.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:11 AM

Default Compatibility

Hi, so sorry to revive an old old thread, but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this (insignia doesn't support this device anymore)

So.
I have this, and want to use it to connect to my universal ipod dock (the simple apple one, previous generation with s-video). Then from there to my home stereo. But it's not working.

My question is has anyone got this to work with an apple dock, and if not, can you guys recommend something else that does work that I can use to connect it to my stereo (ie another dock, preferably as cheap as possible)?

Thanks in advance, and again sorry for reviving an old thread.