android
Old 10-24-2009, 07:21 PM

Angry Problem with Artist Category in D2

is it possible to have all the songs by a particular artist listed under just 1 artist name in the d2 artist category? i know its confusing but work with me here,
like i got blueprint 3 album on d2, so when i go to the artist category on the player, first i have just jay z listed there but then there is another folder under it "jay z ft alicia keys"(a song from the same album).....and the list goes on depending on how many features jay z has on the album. so i end up with 5 different jay z categories in the artist folder of d2. not a major problem but when i put other albums by him on d2, i end up with 20+ categories of just "jayz ft...."
how can i eliminate that and have only one jay z folder in the artist category in which all the songs by him will be listed regardless of any features?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-27-2009, 09:45 AM

Hi d3si,

The problem is that there are so many different names being used for the person JayZ within the MP3’s “Artist” tag.

Hey in your post, you spelled it jayz and also jay z (with and without space, all lower case). You and I know it's the same guy, but to the D2, those are two different artists!
Here are some additional variations based on the same theme:
JayZ
Jay Z
jay Z
jay z (feat. Alicia Keys)
jay z feat. Alicia Keys
jay z feat. alicia keys
The solution?
Change/edit all of the MP3 tag info to only one artist name e.g. jayZ (pick your: spelling/caps/spacing, etc!), then everything by "Mr. Z" would be listed and displayed by “one artist”. What I do is list the featured artist (feat... ) only in the title, not in the artist info.

Try cleaning up and organizing your tag info with the free tag editor Mp3tag, I highly recommend it. You could batch edit all your jayZ MP3s all at once.

Cheers!