android
Old 09-24-2009, 05:52 PM

Default NetLibrary mp3 format will not play in Clip

Is this a known limitation or am I doing something wrong.

Netlibrary books in wma format play fine, but not mp3 formatted ones. The mp3 formatted ones show the chapters on the clip screen, but cycle through them on hitting play without actually playing the files/chapters.

I have tried downloading from website and transferring with WMP and also using Netlibrary Media Center. Same result.

I have the latest Clip firmware and have tried reformatting the clip. Have WMP 11.

Many of the new Netlibrary books are in mp3 format. It will be a disappointment if the Clip cannot play them.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-25-2009, 11:30 PM

Your post got me curious so I tried it - my clip (2 GB) will play Netlibrary's MP3 files. I have firmware V01.01.32A. One thing I did was open the file in WMP 11 before I transferred it to the player. Not sure that would make any difference since there's no license to transfer. Also I editied the file by adding an album name to make finding it easier. The file I downloaded is CJ Box's 'Out of Range', btw.

Forgot to ask - you said the menu shows the chapters? My netlibrary files are just one long file. For example, the CJ Box file is almost 200 mg - a single 9 hour long track.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:51 PM

I have the opposite problem. I have Window Vista with WMP 11. I can download from Netlibrary only the mp3 audiobooks but not the wma ones. I asked the tech support and was told to download Overdrive to be able to play wma audiobooks. Is this true?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcole1 View Post
I have the opposite problem. I have Window Vista with WMP 11. I can download from Netlibrary only the mp3 audiobooks but not the wma ones. I asked the tech support and was told to download Overdrive to be able to play wma audiobooks. Is this true?
Do you open the wma files in WMP to aquire the license before you transfer the file to your player? Also, you have to 'sync' the files to your player so the license is transferred with the file. I don't know what Overdrive would have to do with Netlibrary files as they are two separate services, or so I thought.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:24 PM

Thanks Wandalyn. I am new to Windows and haven't figured the WMP yet. I will check it out. I am a Mac person. I use my son's pc. I thought that they were different services too.

Tags
clip, mp3, netlibrary