android
Old 10-10-2009, 05:13 PM

Default S9-Does pitch correction work with audio?

I have read that a firmware update added pitch correction with video playback at different speeds. I'd like to know if it is also true with 'audio only files' playback at different speeds.

If someone with an S9 could tell me, I would appreciate it. My audio books are all in mp3 format.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, it does. You can turn it on or off. Pitch correction works with both audio and video. You can also let the pitch go up or down as the speed goes up or down.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:24 PM

Thanks. Looks like the S9 has everything I want (well, except expandability. Guess you can't' have everything.)

Old 10-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratero View Post
... (well, except expandability. Guess you can't' have everything.)
Agreed. A few are trying to give us everything. The Zii Egg has potential but no retail-ready product yet.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:07 AM

the pitch correction screws the music up if u go more than 20 percent down/up, on 10% it is OK, 20% acceptable but then it rapidly gets sucky

Old 10-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, music is not the best thing to speed up. The process seems to cut out or pad in audio bits then repackage the remainder into the smaller or larger wave pattern you're hearing. Some devices do it better than others, but with complicated music we hear the difference pretty readily no matter who is doing the speed-up. I just figure the best excuse for audio speed-up is podcasts or audio books. Voice isn't that complicated, and we're so used to crappy phone audio that what degradation we get with spoken word on our MP3 players is "no big deal".