android
Old 10-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Fuze firmware update

Seems to be a minor one, just some bug fixes.
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...d=33874#M33874

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-10-2009, 01:24 AM

EDIT: A little heads up, if you aren't interested in the bug fixes, then be aware that this update adds a slotRadio icon to the radial home menu. Before, this icon would only show up when you insert a slotRadio card. As is, when you click on it with no slotRadio card inserted it just gives a little info about slotRadio and directs you to the slotRadio site.

Thanks for the heads up. It seems people over at the Sandisk forum are saying "pass".

That's just crazy to me. There are more useful things in this update than there was in the last big one. For me, anyway.
I recently bought my mother a Fuze, so between the two of us, I've encountered 5 of those 6 bugs (since I handle any technical difficulties that arise). I mean, the only thing I remember being excited for from the last update was the sleep timer. I use the sleep timer plenty, but I'm honestly more excited at the prospect of not losing my song ratings every damn time I add a song or remove the micro SD.

Heh heh. Unfortunately it's late and I'm tired, and I just noticed that it recommends the battery be 50% or better before updating. I don't think I'll last waiting for it to charge.

Last edited by WesFX; 10-10-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Warning.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesFX View Post
Thanks for the heads up. It seems people over at the Sandisk forum are saying "pass".

That's just crazy to me. There are more useful things in this update than there was in the last big one. For me, anyway.
I recently bought my mother a Fuze, so between the two of us, I've encountered 5 of those 6 bugs.

I mean, the only thing I remember being excited for from the last update was the sleep timer. I use the sleep timer plenty, but I'm honestly more excited at the prospect of not losing my song ratings every damn time I add a song or remove the micro SD.
Well, everyone uses them differently. When I had mine, I never watched videos on it, and I never rated songs.....but I loved the sleep timer, ability to browse by folder, and track info. But it's all in the past now.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Well, everyone uses them differently. When I had mine, I never watched videos on it, and I never rated songs.....but I loved the sleep timer, ability to browse by folder, and track info. But it's all in the past now.
Actually, until recently, I used the folder browsing a lot. But then I cleaned up/out my Fuze, and I don't find any need for it. Though this is in line with my earlier point; folder browsing didn't excite me.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Actually, until recently, I used the folder browsing a lot. But then I cleaned up/out my Fuze, and I don't find any need for it. Though this is in line with my earlier point; folder browsing didn't excite me.
One thing I liked about it was that it allowed you to shuffle just one folder, or just the internal memory, or just the external memory.....without having to worry about making a playlist and having it work. It's also nice if your tags are not the way the Fuze likes.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:16 AM

Oh thanks. Almost missed this as I didn't visit the Sandisk forum quite as often. Those bugfix are what I need.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:38 PM

Just a little bump to say I updated my first post.
The update annoyingly adds a slotRadio icon/advertisement. And I don't see a new option to disable it.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Just a little bump to say I updated my first post.
The update annoyingly adds a slotRadio icon/advertisement. And I don't see a new option to disable it.
This must be the "enhanced" slotRadio experience. Thanks, SanDisk. Nice to see you keeping your priorities in line.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:14 PM

Sigh. So, as far as I can tell, nothing has changed in the way of keeping track of song ratings on music on the SD card.

Disappointing.
Everything else seems to be in order, though.

EDIT: I just had something odd happen. The player wasn't reacting at all for about two minutes. I held the power switch. Plugged it into a computer. Held the power switch while it was plugged in. Nothing. I was searching the forum to see if there was a different reset method, then I just held the power switch the normal amount of time and it kicked on. Have no idea if this is related to the update, but it was alarming.

Last edited by WesFX; 10-10-2009 at 06:01 PM.