android
Old 09-26-2009, 06:26 AM

Default battery indicator issue

hi. this can be easily fixed in firmware ,I believe. i just dont like when battery level is empty and it still is able to play for 5 hours or so. I would like to fix that , so it actually plays only for 1-2 h before total drain. anyone else noted it too?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It's a math problem, and it goes away once you accept that the S9 will play for a long time, and it's pointless to worry about it.

55 hours, divided into four bars = 13 hrs 45 minutes per bar. Technically they can only keep the 4th bar showing for an hour or so as most will assume their player has a FULL charge if they see four lit bars. So the standard becomes to turn off a bar once the remaining charge is a little to half way under it's respective 1/4th level. The last bar is worth 13.75 hours, but has to shut off at half that or more otherwise you'll complain you had 1/4 charge left when the battery finally gives up.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trautix View Post
hi. this can be easily fixed in firmware ,I believe. i just dont like when battery level is empty and it still is able to play for 5 hours or so. I would like to fix that , so it actually plays only for 1-2 h before total drain. anyone else noted it too?
You shouldn't be draining the battery completely anyways.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:34 PM

Default omg

just look
i believe my s9 has deffective battery. only around 20 h of playback before drain. . headphones PX100 , usuall volume 30, mach3bass 5, MP on, equalizer 1.8 khz narrow -2 dB, screen brightness 2. when i play movie and its fully charged , then battery indicator is on 25 % after movie ends.(120 min standard film with resolution around VGA so i know cpu has to resize for screen but still i wonder under what circumstances i would get that 10 hours of video playback? ( brightness 1 , vol 5 and video resolution exakt screen size???WTF joke?on what is that cowons internal tests based on ??? setup????)

Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
55 hours, divided into four bars = 13 hrs 45 minutes per bar. Technically they can only keep the 4th bar showing for an hour or so as most will assume their player has a FULL charge if they see four lit bars.
Other MP3 players have the same problem so they change the color of the last bar to red once the battery starts approaching empty.

Cowon didn't do this because their engineers have never seen another MP3 player.