android
Old 09-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Enzo and other owners of this PMP,what can you say about sound quality ? Especially comparing with Zune HD and Cowon D2 ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-30-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_TEST View Post
Enzo and other owners of this PMP,what can you say about sound quality ? Especially comparing with Zune HD and Cowon D2 ?
I don't have a Zune or a D2, but i can say that the Zii sounds really good, even if i don't have uber-expensive headphones. It has the same audio chip than the Zune HD. It will probably be even better when it will feature X-Fi sound processing.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephersir7 View Post
I think that a consumer Creative-branded Zii PMP would definitely have more hardware buttons (volume, hold), no GPS (only in the Egg for development of Zii-based phones) and no Android (ZiiLabs hasnt invested in Plaszma OS for including Android in their consumer version)
Any reason why you say that only a phone would have GPS? I don't see why a PMP/PDA shouldn't have that functionality, using pre-loaded maps.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quello Serio View Post
Any reason why you say that only a phone would have GPS? I don't see why a PMP/PDA shouldn't have that functionality, using pre-loaded maps.
For the same reason that there is no PMP with GPS on the market. GPS can be expensive enough to make consumers choose another product. Phone purchases are subsidized by carriers, so it doesnt matter

Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 PM

I'm just trying to summarize whats going on with the development but am I correct to say that:

1)Battery life should increase with updated firmware because the current one does NOT allow the user to shut down options like GPS or wifi or bluetooth?

2)The GPS is most likely not going to be included in the consumer version (should there ever be one...)? I know that this is pure speculation but seeing as this is the biggest selling point for me (a pocket sized pmp capable of running GPS that ISN'T going to get interrupted by a phone call or a text msg) I'd like to get a good idea about what you guys think.

3) A final consumer version will probably not operate on android? Again, speculation but since development for a standalone gps takes serious time and effort I think that android stands much more of a chance at ever becoming a solid GPS platform.

Thank ya, hopefully by the time I get an answer I'll be reading about android solving all these problems and answering all these questions