android
Old 09-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbangindblackburn View Post
I have an ac adapter with a usb port on it, and I discovered that if I go into system<debug< then screendump, and enable it, charging via wall adapter will work with rockbox. Hope this helps.
I don't understand this.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I have an ac adapter with a usb port on it, and I discovered that if I go into system<debug< then screendump, and enable it, charging via wall adapter will work with rockbox. Hope this helps.
The side-effect of doing that is a bitmap image of your screen is saved on the Fuze every time you plug it in to charge.

In my mind, simply having the player on (in Rockbox) and holding the Select (center wheel) button while you connect the charger is a better move.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Great, go for it! The more themes the better. You can find the Fuze simulator on the Rockbox site here. Theme elements are arranged in the following directory structure:

.rockbox
backdrops
theme_name.bmp
fonts
font_file.fnt
icons
main_icons.bmp
viewer_icons.bmp
themes
theme_name.cfg
wps
theme_name
image_1.bmp
image_2.bmp
image_3.bmp
[etc.]
theme_name.wps

The WPS (While Playing Screen) code is contained in the *.wps text file. You can edit it in any standard text editor to dictate how the WPS is displayed. All images used in the WPS are contained in the corresponding folder in the "wps" directory. You'll need some sort of image manipulation software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP) to either alter pre-existing ones or create your own.

The *.cfg text file in the "themes" directory determines general qualities of a theme (e.g. what WPS is used, what font and backdrop are used, line selector colors, etc.) and can be edited the same way as the *.wps file.

For specifics on the WPS code, see CustomWPS...and have fun!
I've been playing around with the simulator but can't get the home button to work. Also, how do you actually play a song or go to the screen that plays the track?

When I open the wps files they look completely different than the examples on the custom wps page. This is starting to get very confusing

Last edited by d_headshot; 09-20-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:53 PM

Oops.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
In my mind, simply having the player on (in Rockbox) and holding the Select (center wheel) button while you connect the charger is a better move.
Thanks, that helps alot, I didn't know about that one.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Pardon the change of subject, but I just uploaded a theme to the Rockbox site that might be of interest to other Rockbox Fuzers. It's based on James Denman's slick XL theme, which I modified to match the Fuze's blue LED ring and made a few other adjustments/additions to. I present to you...XL Fuzed.

EDIT: Since recent changes to the Rockbox SVN have broken the XL Fuzed theme posted on the Rockbox Themes site, I've uploaded an up-to-date working version here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0my2nomg5mi/XL_Fuzed.zip
Hey, umm id love the theme, but the link is Dead.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:25 AM

I've Rockboxed my fuze, and i love it. Now i have a question: LOD cables aren't working anymore on a rockboxed fuze?

Old 09-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I don't think anyone was bothered to look into how the line out works, so probably not.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffer1989 View Post
Hey, umm id love the theme, but the link is Dead.
Hey, suffer1989. I just placed an updated version of XL Fuzed on the Rockbox Themes site. Besides making changes to maintain current-build compatibility, I've added a lock icon to indicate the hold switch is on.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:28 PM

I notice the E200 section has by far the largest variety of themes. I hope the Fuze section will one day rival it...

Old 09-28-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
I just placed an updated version of XL Fuzed on the Rockbox Themes site.
Thank you! The best fuze theme so far
P.S. BoxAmp is also good, but for some reason i can't see russian letters in WPS

Old 09-28-2009, 06:56 PM

is it just me or does this theme not carry over to Mpeg Player when playing videos?

Old 09-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobergeek View Post
is it just me or does this theme not carry over to Mpeg Player when playing videos?
Does your MPEG Player look like the screenshot here? I'm not aware of any way to skin the MPEG Player at this point, so I suspect you're seeing the one and only way it's coded to look, similar to the radio and recording screens (on the devices that support them).

Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Does your MPEG Player look like the screenshot here? I'm not aware of any way to skin the MPEG Player at this point, so I suspect you're seeing the one and only way it's coded to look, similar to the radio and recording screens (on the devices that support them).
Well the video is playing like your screenshot link, but the Mpeg main menu looks like the last theme I was using before I installed the XL theme...which was Cabbie 2.0 btw.

The FM Radio menu is ok...ie: seen as XL theme, but haven't tried the Recording menu yet. I'm pretty sure I've installed this theme correctly but I may have to reinstall?. This is puzzling though!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobergeek View Post
Well the video is playing like your screenshot link, but the Mpeg main menu looks like the last theme I was using before I installed the XL theme...which was Cabbie 2.0 btw.

The FM Radio menu is ok...ie: seen as XL theme, but haven't tried the Recording menu yet. I'm pretty sure I've installed this theme correctly but I may have to reinstall?. This is puzzling though!
Hm. So you're saying the Cabbie 2.0 background and icons show up on the MPEG Player menu screen? Strange. I don't know why that happens, either. Do you get the same result with any other non-Cabbie 2.0 themes? I don't watch videos on my Fuze, so this is something I've never had occasion to encounter.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Rockbox Developer

Plugins usually don't show the main menu backdrop or other theme related stuff. Not sure why though.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Hm. So you're saying the Cabbie 2.0 background and icons show up on the MPEG Player menu screen? Strange. I don't know why that happens, either. Do you get the same result with any other non-Cabbie 2.0 themes? I don't watch videos on my Fuze, so this is something I've never had occasion to encounter.
I've tried various themes and the ones that work with Mpeg Player are the ones with no backdrop. Guess I'll live with it until a fix hopefully comes .

Old 09-30-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Hey, suffer1989. I just placed an updated version of XL Fuzed on the Rockbox Themes site. Besides making changes to maintain current-build compatibility, I've added a lock icon to indicate the hold switch is on.
Thanks !

Old 09-30-2009, 09:16 AM

I'm having problems with album art in rockbox. None of my album art shows up, but in the OF most of it shows up just fine. Any ideas?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I'm having problems with album art in rockbox. None of my album art shows up, but in the OF most of it shows up just fine. Any ideas?
I could never get embedded artwork to work, folder.jpg works great though.