android
Old 09-23-2009, 01:26 PM

Default ibasso T4 vs Graham slee voyager

hello. this is my very first post on this website. i searched through forum threads , but i couldnt find any graham slee related informations.
So , I have new cowon s9 -->Fiio E5-->Grado SR125/px 100/senn HD238 . this setup sounds quiet fine.(i am very hifi demanding , so for regular listener it is top notch probably). i am tempted to upgrade my fiio e5 for some better sounding amp. i have been reading some articles about ibasso T4 and graham slee also, but nowhere a test or camparing of these two powerfull amps. since t4 is about 100$ and graham is about 200$ , i still dont know if is graham worth that much. considering grahams 180g and biger size, but if graham really is ''uber amp'' in terms of all amp beater by significant sq enhancing , then i would buy it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trautix View Post
hello. this is my very first post on this website. i searched through forum threads , but i couldnt find any graham slee related informations.
So , I have new cowon s9 -->Fiio E5-->Grado SR125/px 100/senn HD238 . this setup sounds quiet fine.(i am very hifi demanding , so for regular listener it is top notch probably). i am tempted to upgrade my fiio e5 for some better sounding amp. i have been reading some articles about ibasso T4 and graham slee also, but nowhere a test or camparing of these two powerfull amps. since t4 is about 100$ and graham is about 200$ , i still dont know if is graham worth that much. considering grahams 180g and biger size, but if graham really is ''uber amp'' in terms of all amp beater by significant sq enhancing , then i would buy it.
I don't know about the 238's, but the Grados and PX100's certainly will get enough power from the S9 and E5.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:18 PM

no no no marvin. u dont understand. i know i got enough power. all i seek is SQ increase!!!( increased soundstage, warmness, detail, instrument separations etc.)

Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 PM

I like the t4, but I haven’t tested either so I couldn’t say one way or the other, but in the $200 range (Graham slee) you are getting in the neighborhood of better amps. If you are willing to spend $200, I don’t see that big a difference in another $100, so you might want to look around.

For example:
- iBasso D10 Cobra $275
- The Tomahawk Portable Headphone Amp $295.00
- P-51 Mustang” Portable Headphone Amp $375.00
- Pico portable headphone amp $349.00

Currently I have the Pico w/USB DAC, but I am seriously looking to buy the new Pico Slim Portable Amp that hasn't been released yet. Also
RSA Shadow will be comming out soon too.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-24-2009, 12:44 PM

Default interesting

i checked that pico slim headamp. omg it is looking so awesome, so tiny,so slim. if it maintain sq and power output of pico!!! cant wait to read review.this might be revolution in headamps!well. i expect at least 300$ for it.so i think i have my tip for christmass .lol
i hope they will keep gain changer with this model, as i dont like iems.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trautix View Post
... ... i hope they will keep gain changer with this model, as i dont like iems.
I do not believe that there will be a high or low headphone impedance switch as it's designed for portable use and iem's mainly. Plus the unit is so small, also I haven’t seen one in the prototype pictures or read anything about one being included. If this is a must, headamp still makes the origional pico and there are other amps that have one too.

Quote from Justin Wilson:
Quote:
Q: Who will want a Pico Slim?
A: The Pico Slim is for anyone interested in a portable headphone amp. But more importantly, it's also for people who have said they will not use a portable amp for reasons such as size (too thick), or that they offer little improvement over the headphone outputs of DAPs. The Pico Slim will be thinner than an iPod/iPhone, and offer multiple features never found in portable amps that will improve the listening experience especially with IEMs.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:53 PM

ok. nevermind though. i think that iems 8 ohms and grados 32 ohms aint that big difference
i think slim will be working just fine with 32, 64 too

Old 09-24-2009, 06:23 PM

I would agree that it should no problem, now bring on the slim