android
Old 08-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
If you want themes to be removed on the theme site, you should poke some guys directly. There's no such thing as automatic removal of themes. This has to be done manually.

I'm going to remove your theme (once the site is back) ;;

Edit: Fortunately, the theme site is still available. However, I can't find a XL Fuzed, just the normal XL (I guess that's not the same).
Already a few steps ahead of you. I knew the protocol for theme removal, PMed AlexP (over on the Rockbox site) about taking it down a few days ago, and he did so today. Just figured I'd post the MediaFire link here while I was waiting for him to work his magic.

I'll be uploading the fixed XL Fuzed to the themes site soon...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2009, 07:46 AM
Rockbox Developer

Alright

Old 09-14-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Already a few steps ahead of you. I knew the protocol for theme removal, PMed AlexP (over on the Rockbox site) about taking it down a few days ago, and he did so today. Just figured I'd post the MediaFire link here while I was waiting for him to work his magic.

I'll be uploading the fixed XL Fuzed to the themes site soon...
How's it going with the fixed version of the XL Fuzed theme? It's probably my favorite of the themes available right now but the version I have don't work no more and it's no longer up on the website (I think I'm looking in the right place)...

The boxamp theme ain't bad but the tiny text is a bit hard on my aging eyes. XL Fuzed had text that was just the right size and looked damn good to boot. Anyway, I hope to see the fixed version up soon.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you try the version I uploaded to MediaFire (linked to here)? That should be working with the latest builds. I've been a bit strapped for time lately thanks to a busy honeymoon schedule, but I'll try and get it up on the official site soon.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:04 PM

Nope, hadn't known that version was there. Just downloaded it and will install ASAP. Thanks!

Oh, and congrats!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I changed the front page to say that the Fuze is a new type of build called "unstable" which basically means not everything works and theres bugs but its mostly usable. Nothing really changes since we already had unsupported builds on the wiki but hopefully this will encourage people to use/work on the Fuze.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
I changed the front page to say that the Fuze is a new type of build called "unstable" which basically means not everything works and theres bugs but its mostly usable. Nothing really changes since we already had unsupported builds on the wiki but hopefully this will encourage people to use/work on the Fuze.
I think this is a great move. Thanks for doing so, saratoga.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:25 AM

Thanks for all the hard work, it's appreciated!!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:57 PM

Cool

Hey, just got my Fuze v2 yesterday and was curious about Rockbox...
So do you know how soon there is possibility to get working (doesnt have to be fully stable) Rockbox for v2 Fuze?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:07 PM

I believe it's going to be a long time.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 AM

How much space does Rockbox take up?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 AM

A bit more than 5MB. Negligible, so to speak.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Many thanks to you and all of the other Rockbox devs that make this happen. I've been using Rockbox on my e280 for years and love it. When it was time to replace it, I sought a player that ran Rockbox and settled on the Fuze. I purchased a refurb, hoping to get a V1 and was happy when I checked it and found a version number 1.x.xx.

The first thing I did when I got it home was to put some podcasts on it and listen to a bit, just to make sure everything was working. <sigh> I had forgotten how feature barren the OF was. I installed Rockbox and haven't looked back.

The only problem I have seen so far is that when the battery runs down to the point where it shuts off, it does not save the current position. So I need to make sure I don't run it all of the way down.

thanks again,
hank

Old 09-19-2009, 04:25 PM

Thumb Up Rockbox Is Amazing, Works Great For Me

I had rockbox on my V1 Fuze around June of this year, I had to compile it myself, and it worked. There were tons of bugs though. One of the things I was excited about was gameboy games on my Fuze. At that time they ran, but the speed was terrible, and the games weren't playable at all. I eventually took rockbox off because of all the bugs in it.

Then about three weeks ago I put it back on. This time I just followed the directions on the rockbox site, and it's completely useable! I rarely run into any problems with it. The only things missing as of now are USB support and recording. It would be nice to have the recording, but it's not something that I use a lot. Gameboy games now run full speed,(maybe even a little faster) with sound. Simply amazing.

Thank you everyone who has made this amazing software possible on my Fuze!!

Old 09-19-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbangindblackburn View Post
Then about three weeks ago I put it back on. This time I just followed the directions on the rockbox site, and it's completely useable! I rarely run into any problems with it. The only things missing as of now are USB support and recording.
What exactly does lack of USB support entail? I charge my fuze via USB ... does that mean I wouldn't be able to charge it? O:

Oh, and also, which instructions did you use? The manual for sansa stuff..?

Old 09-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandax View Post
What exactly does lack of USB support entail? I charge my fuze via USB ... does that mean I wouldn't be able to charge it? O:
It means USB won't work. Charging does work.

Quote:
Oh, and also, which instructions did you use? The manual for sansa stuff..?
See the sansa link here: www.rockbox.org

Old 09-19-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
It means USB won't work. Charging does work.
Ohhhkay, so I installed it customly. I do see USB problems. I have to reinstall every time I charge it (via USB). ):

Old 09-19-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Pardon the change of subject, but I just uploaded a theme to the Rockbox site that might be of interest to other Rockbox Fuzers. It's based on James Denman's slick XL theme, which I modified to match the Fuze's blue LED ring and made a few other adjustments/additions to. I present to you...XL Fuzed.

EDIT: Since recent changes to the Rockbox SVN have broken the XL Fuzed theme posted on the Rockbox Themes site, I've uploaded an up-to-date working version here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0my2nomg5mi/XL_Fuzed.zip
Cool idea for a theme but I would probably change some things. How can I get a working simulator and how do I edit a theme?

Old 09-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_headshot View Post
Cool idea for a theme but I would probably change some things. How can I get a working simulator and how do I edit a theme?
Great, go for it! The more themes the better. You can find the Fuze simulator on the Rockbox site here. Theme elements are arranged in the following directory structure:

.rockbox
backdrops
theme_name.bmp
fonts
font_file.fnt
icons
main_icons.bmp
viewer_icons.bmp
themes
theme_name.cfg
wps
theme_name
image_1.bmp
image_2.bmp
image_3.bmp
[etc.]
theme_name.wps

The WPS (While Playing Screen) code is contained in the *.wps text file. You can edit it in any standard text editor to dictate how the WPS is displayed. All images used in the WPS are contained in the corresponding folder in the "wps" directory. You'll need some sort of image manipulation software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP) to either alter pre-existing ones or create your own.

The *.cfg text file in the "themes" directory determines general qualities of a theme (e.g. what WPS is used, what font and backdrop are used, line selector colors, etc.) and can be edited the same way as the *.wps file.

For specifics on the WPS code, see CustomWPS...and have fun!

Old 09-20-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Ohhhkay, so I installed it customly. I do see USB problems. I have to reinstall every time I charge it (via USB). ):
I have an ac adapter with a usb port on it, and I discovered that if I go into system<debug< then screendump, and enable it, charging via wall adapter will work with rockbox. Hope this helps.