android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > General MP3 Player / PMP Discussion

Old 09-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Banned

Cool MTP playlist creation, I see this question alot, so I made a simple guide with pic

once the play lists made(the file with that green arrow) you just click it and can edit the play lists order and content if u wish.

I have seen alot of people ask about how to do this with MTP devices/devices in MTP mode without opening WMP or other programs up, figuared sharing a screenshot would be helpfull'

this is of my fuze, but the YP-U3/YP-T10/p2/p3 and other MTP devices work the same way, its VERY easy.

find the files/folders you want to make play lists for, highlight/slect them> rclick>create playlist>rename new play list.

you can edit the play list by clicking it, a window like below will come up allowing you to add/remove/reorder play list items.

Last edited by Ashen; 09-19-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Banned

i know the shots large, BUT that makes it easier to see/understand.

Sorry if it seems i spammed this info(posted in the fuze and samsung U sections) but I see people asking how to make play lists on MTP devices FAR FAR to offten and getting bad advice/false information like people saying u need 3rd party software like mediamonkey or winamp to make the playlists.

people need to learn to use the right mouse button, its a very powerfull tool!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice job bro, good looking out.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Banned

thx, I just got tired of all the mis-information and bad advice people where giving, and well, this makes it pretty easy for most people to do, just follow the steps.

A FAQ entry should be made for this so that people can find it easier

Old 09-19-2009, 06:27 AM

Hi,nice,add Playlist Properties Window & it would be perfect.
Think a few peeps(at least with Sony Stuff),can't get 'create playlist' on right click,prob because they have let player auto sync with WMP or iTunes etc.So defaults you have set will prob want,disabling resetting etc.
Just to add,Playlists are diddy in size,so put as many as you like on the player IMO.

Cheers BOB

ps i tried doing a Playlist for say a specific year(mind most of my tags are out on this),couldn't.Ain't tried genre etc,don't think Tags are read,or really,you can't display files in a specific tag value order etc ?.Good enough for me thou.

Last edited by bibio; 09-19-2009 at 06:35 AM.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned

no clue, that would probbly take another app, may want to request it from doubletwist or mediamonkey or the like, DT is likely to listen since they are working hard to make a product that most people will be able to use to suit their needs.

as to WMP/iTunes/exct, it shouldnt effect the ability to make playlists with windows explorer, I have used various apps in my testing and never had a problem with my yp-u3 or yp-t10 or fuze or clip.....exct

you MAY need to update your WMP version on XP and 2k(i have had this work on 2k as well despite it not being listed as supported)

I will ad a pic of the playlist properties, give me a minute or so gotta plug the fuze back in

Tags
easy playlist creation, mtp, mtp playlist creation, playlist