android
Old 09-13-2009, 04:36 AM

Default Playlist, bluetooth and alarm problems

Hi,

I have cowon S9 with 2.41 firmware. I connected it in MTP mode and sync the files in media monkey.The playlist worked fine after disconnecting. Then used MSC mode to transfer video files and after disconnecting and when I checked the playlist it disappeared from the player.What can be done for this? What is the difference using MTP and MSC mode except synchronization?

I tried testing bluetooth to connect my mobile/laptop and transfer some files but cowon have not recognized anything.is there any settings need to be done?

How to use alarm?should the player be on always for the alarm to work?

Thanks
Guhan

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

S9's Bluetooth is only good for bluetooth headphones or speakers. The S9 doesn't do bluetooth file transfer or gameplay or phone sync.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guhanath View Post
Hi,

I have cowon S9 with 2.41 firmware. I connected it in MTP mode and sync the files in media monkey.The playlist worked fine after disconnecting. Then used MSC mode to transfer video files and after disconnecting and when I checked the playlist it disappeared from the player.What can be done for this? What is the difference using MTP and MSC mode except synchronization?
I was told you only need to use MTP for DRM stuff. I don't have any so I leave mine on MSC. MSC is treated like a removable hard drive. I would think MTP adds files or tagging with subscription or ownership previledges. Don't really know though, because I don't like people telling me how I should use something that I've all ready paid for. Don't get me started on the concept of renting music. Could it be there is some DRM files that you uploaded to the S9? MTP might have restricted your access? If this is the case, I think I'm right about DRM.

Quote:
How to use alarm?should the player be on always for the alarm to work?
Unless you connect to an external speaker this is probably a useless feature, because you'll only hear the alarm if your actually listening to the S9. Better off using your cell with vibrate on in my opinioin.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:50 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses.Let me try your suggestions and let you know.I also have other doubt I am not sure whether it is a bug in the player itself.

I have 3 playlists.
playlist 1 has 75 songs
playlist 2 has 10 songs
playlist 3 has 1047 songs.

when I play any song frpm playlist 1 it shows 1/75 or 1/10 for playlist 2 in the upper right of the album art square. however when I play a song from playlist 3 which has 1047 songs it displays only 1/400 also I checked the list of songs in that playlist which shows less number.however if I go by album and check the audio files, they do exist. for eglaylist 3 has songs from A to M or N in the list.but if I chk by albums I could see from A to Z listed there and songs present. Has anyone faced such problem. Media monkey has transfered all the files and I have checked the memory size.

Thanks
Guhan

Last edited by guhanath; 09-14-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:50 PM

Guys,

Have anyone faced such playlist problems in your player? and any solutions for it?

Thanks
Guhan

Old 09-16-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
* support M3U
- Functionality that recognizes M3U files that are created in PC.
- M3U folder will be created in 'playlist' from the top menu of browser when you copy .m3u files in COWON S9.
- COWON S9 recognizes up to 400 M3U files.
- COWON S9 recognizes up to 400 lists in M3U.
- ONLY support extended M3U.
source

Old 09-17-2009, 11:59 AM

Thanks for the source it is indeed bad that it is limited to playlist. I believe cowon fill fix in the next firmware.It is unfair that I need to have different playlist for same artist

Tags
alarm, bluetooth, playlist, sync