android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Toshiba Gigabeat > Toshiba Gigabeat F

Old 09-07-2009, 04:31 PM

Default Can you convert .sat files on your pc if your Gigabeat is dead and needs surgery?

My daughters F20 needs a lot of looking at as it scrolls menus and volume all the time and wont play just one song it jumps to next one. Don't know hw to fix this but will have a look but that is not the problem. She put all her music on her F20 then had to format her laptop and lost all her music in MP3 format. Is it possible to convert .sat files on the PC?

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez View Post
My daughters F20 needs a lot of looking at as it scrolls menus and volume all the time and wont play just one song it jumps to next one. Don't know hw to fix this but will have a look but that is not the problem. She put all her music on her F20 then had to format her laptop and lost all her music in MP3 format. Is it possible to convert .sat files on the PC?

Thanks
The scrolling issue might be the battery expanding and pressing against the touch pad (I've read that this can happen, as the battery ages). If this is the problem, a new battery from eBay should fix it, but you would need to open up the device. It's not to difficult to do, as long as you are a little technical and have some patience. Good Gigabeat "surgery" instructions: http://www.angelfire.com/bug2/gigabeat/

As for SAT files, you should take a look at this site: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...ption_Optional

In particular, the "Pre-Rockbox Installation" part, which would apply to you. I have never done this myself, but hopefully it will work for you. Btw, I would recommend using Rockbox on the Gigabeat - it improves the player drastically (including giving it video playback capabilities). It's really not too difficult to install, if you just read over the instructions.