android
Old 09-06-2009, 10:03 PM

Default Adapt Zen Sleek Photo to different battery?

So, my 20 Gig Zen Sleek Photo is 3 years old now, and runs for about four hours on a charge. Shelf life of a charged battery is down to about a week. This limits its usefulness, obviously. Fortunately I have a refurbed Zen Vision:M that I can use, but I don't want to get rid of the Sleek.

I could just replace the battery -- I've seen the disassembly instructions and I'm sure I could do the job -- but I'd really rather replace the battery with a different battery. For instance, my camera uses a Li-Ion battery with better specs than the Sleeks and pops out to recharge in a wall charger. This means I can charge one battery in the charger while using a second in the camera. I always have a charged battery ready to pop in. Also, these batteries are cheaper than the Sleek's official replacement battery seems to be.

I know I'd have to put the battery in a new housing and probably piggy-back it onto the Sleek, but I carry it in a pouch anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem. Are there any other considerations?

Has anyone successfully adapted a Zen Sleek to run on a different battery?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]