android
Old 08-03-2009, 07:27 PM

Default The NuForce NE-7M IEM's (short review)

I searched to see if there were any reviews on these IEM’s but found none. This will not do.

THE NUFORCE NE-7M IN EAR MONITOR

stock picture from somewhere because I’m lazy.

Intro:

As much as I love my Sennheiser HD 485 cans I soon realized after I purchased them they weren’t the most practical headphones. Their sound quality blew me away but they just weren’t portable enough. Furthermore they really sucked the battery life out of my audio players. So I ventured over to Head-Fi.org to ask the headphone turbo nerds what would be a good pair of “cheap” IEM’s to get. They recommended the $50 NuForce NE-7M’s. Then, after much hesitation, I bought them.

Everything you need to know:

Sound: The instant I tried these I loved them. I had never heard such a “normal” and good sounding in ear headphone. All the other in ear headphones I had tried (fairly cheap ones) were always lacking in SQ or sounded weird. Their sound is fairly even w/ (in my opinion) the perfect amount of bass. The bass is very strong but does not drown out anything else. Drums sound very good. Unlike other in ear phones I’ve heard before, the treble doesn’t seem to be exaggerated at all. The resolution they deliver isn’t terribly different from my cans. Their sound is almost in the same league but with a bit less detail, and of course a more limited sound-stage. You will not be disappointed.

In The Box: headphones, 3 tip sizes, carrying pouch. (coooool)

Noise Isolation: These headphones make you completely deaf to the outside world. You can’t hear a family member yell at you. You might not even hear a bomb go off. This is a good thing. I think.

Looks: Sooooo shiny. . .

Mic: It has one. I think it has a button on it to take calls on the iphone. (booooo)

[EDIT]

More info people wanted to know: These headphones are 16 ohms and do not require a high volume. . . They have a symmetrical cable. . . as far as I can tell the build quality is great. . . they have an angled plug.

Like one poster wrote, the seller is supposed to be very helpful, although I haven't needed to contact them.

One more important thing to know is that they have an odd jack due to the built in mic, and unfortunately the jack doesn't work with everything. From what I own: It works on my Cowon i7, my Creative Zen Nano Pluses, and my computer. Unfortunately I have to use an adapter for my ZEN.

Conclusion:

If you’re looking for a pair of great sounding IEM’s that won’t break the bank buy these now. NOW! But hey, don’t trust me, I’m not that experienced in quality audio, trust the headphone turbo nerds. According to HeadphoneAddict they are the best IEM’s you can get for under $150! I’m not sure if this still stands but they’re awesome anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind, just trust me, I would bet the price of these phones you could not find a better pair of IEM's for $50 or less. There we go, fixed.

LINK: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...5-09-a-383617/

I’m surprised almost nobody on ABI seems to have these.

UPDATE: you can now get a version of the NE-7M's without the mic called the NE-6 for only $40. That's just an orsum deal, if all you have are stock earphones, buy them, your ears will thank you!

LINK: http://www.nuforce.com/hp/products/ne6/index.php

Last edited by Satellite_6; 10-06-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 AM

I cleaned this thread up.. sorry for being the one that derailed it in the first place. It was late at night...

Good review, by the way!

Old 08-04-2009, 06:03 AM

I noticed a while back that they sport the exact same housing as the original MylarOne CrossRoads XB, which makes me wonder if they use the same driver too and carry a nicer finish than the XBís. If the Nuforce NE-7M sound anything like them, they should be rated a very good buy for the $49.00, IIRC the original XBís were in the $65.00 + range. I did notice some loss in bass quantity in the XBís after the 100 hour mark of usage, but itís not dramatic and I still use them.

On another note, thanks for the review, I can believe your opinion on the NuForce NE-7M and would certainly enjoy giving them a try, but I would not put any weight into that guy from headfiís comments, as Iíve read too many of his posts that make no logical sense.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-04-2009, 01:05 PM

I think the bass varies a bit with the source and tips you use too, which might be worth noting.

I wouldn't think that the source would make a difference on IEM's but I think the bass is ever so slightly stronger coming out of my comp or a stereo system than a portable device.

I use the smallest tips but I have also listened to music with the medium tips a bit and I think they decrease the amount of bass, but add to the slight sound-stag-y-ness of the IEM's.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:42 PM

Hey Satellite_6,

Thanks for your review of the ne-7m. I'm contemplating buying a pair of the ne-7m, because my Lenntek Sonix is getting dodgy sound in the left earbud. I wondering, since you happen to have a 1GB Zen Nano Plus, which I use as my main on the go mp3 player, does it take a high volume to drive them (above 10)?

I really liked the lenntek Sonix because they were only 25 bucks, had a more than adequate bass, and most of all, took very little volume on my Zen Nano to power them.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWatson View Post
Hey Satellite_6,

Thanks for your review of the ne-7m. I'm contemplating buying a pair of the ne-7m, because my Lenntek Sonix is getting dodgy sound in the left earbud. I wondering, since you happen to have a 1GB Zen Nano Plus, which I use as my main on the go mp3 player, does it take a high volume to drive them (above 10)?

I really liked the lenntek Sonix because they were only 25 bucks, had a more than adequate bass, and most of all, took very little volume on my Zen Nano to power them.
They do not need a high volume to drive them. I use like 8-12/24

Old 08-06-2009, 04:04 PM

Awesome! I think I found the replacement I'm looking for

Also, thanks for the speedy response!

Old 08-06-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWatson View Post
Awesome! I think I found the replacement I'm looking for

Also, thanks for the speedy response!
Your welcome.

I just happened to be here lol.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

Nice review.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:49 AM

I have these....just as good as the 'mylarone crossroads x3is' in terms of clarity and definitely better than the Denon c351 (which I barely use anymore)....
If you're in the market for some nice inexpensive yet awesome sounding IEMs then look no further, the NE-7Ms are worth every penny and more...

Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 AM
Banned

Or the NE-8Ms

Old 09-03-2009, 04:43 PM

I'm considering getting the ne-7m because my Sony's j-style cord gets on my nerves at times. Anyway I was wondering if these could be worn the traditional way(hanging down) and if their y-style?

Old 09-22-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintets_man View Post
I'm considering getting the ne-7m because my Sony's j-style cord gets on my nerves at times. Anyway I was wondering if these could be worn the traditional way(hanging down) and if their y-style?
Oh shooot. I should have kept checking this.

Well if you still care they are symmetrical like -< style. . . and they have a slider thingy so you can change the size of the < part.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 AM

I have the 7E and 8E, happy with both. The 8E has a bit better sound. I do like the build quality on these phones. And from what I have read, the seller is very responsive to questions and returns.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 AM

Since they're the same OVC clones as the oldest version MylarOne, I would hope they improved the build quality somewhat - the Myarones had terrible build quality.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite_6 View Post
Oh shooot. I should have kept checking this.

Well if you still care they are symmetrical like -< style. . . and they have a slider thingy so you can change the size of the < part.
Thanks, one last question do the NE-7 have a straight plug or an angled plug.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintets_man View Post
Thanks, one last question do the NE-7 have a straight plug or an angled plug.
Angled plug.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite_6 View Post
Angled plug.
Cool, now to start saving up for those NE-6

Old 10-03-2009, 07:00 PM

I'm gonna put a link for them in the review, $10 off an already great deal. IMO there's noe reason to get the cx300's now, these sound better for not much more. (I recently fixed meh old busted ones)

Old 11-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Just got the NE-6 and there amazing. They totally blow away my Marshmallows. BTW besides lacking a mic they also added a set of double flange tips.

Tags
bass, iem, ne-7m, nuforce