android
Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Smile Cnet (fair) review of Clip+: 4 out of 5 stars

"Sansa Clip+: Small wonder"

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/...CmoreStories.0

The upfront summary:
Quote:
The good: The SanDisk Sansa Clip+ is very inexpensive; it has a solid, pocket-friendly design with dedicated volume controls and a built-in belt-clip; it's easy to use; and it offers a plethora of handy features, including a MicroSD card slot, Rhapsody DNA, a voice recorder, an FM tuner, and support for FLAC, Ogg, Audible, and podcasts.
The bad: The SanDisk Sansa Clip+ could stand to have better battery life and support for AAC; the monochrome display is small and may be hard for some to read.
The bottom line: The SanDisk Sansa Clip+ is an excellent successor to the line, offering a fitness-friendly design with a built-in belt-clip, a simple interface, solid sound quality, and plenty of handy features--all for an ultralow price. It's an unbeatable value.
The review conclusion:
Quote:
When it boils down to it, we can't really think of any reason not to buy the Sansa Clip+. Though only an evolutionary step in the progress of the line, it represents an obvious improvement over the previous generation model, and this player is surely at the top of the heap when it comes to budget-friendly options. It may not have the advanced features found on the majority of MP3 players nowadays, but it doesn't need them. It offers a solid design, useful features, and good music playback; what more could you ask for at this price?
I'm not sure what the referenced "advanced features" are, though--video? But not in a player this size. Bluetooth? Still rare. And what other players have the Clip's advanced feature, a microSD slot? Plus ReplayGain, for that matter. Perhaps music management, which would be very nice?

Engadget also had a paragraph squib today on the Clip+. Not linked to here--it's typical Engadget slightly snarky (of course: the fruit company didn't come out with the Clip+; if it had, there would be multiple columns about the player and various detailed reviews ...).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Also, forget the "best at its price" notation--how about, "best in its class," regardless of price? That's why I buy the Clip over others, including those significantly more expensive.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Humorous, and just silly:

Just saw PCMag's review of the Clip+, giving it an Editors' Choice for under-$100 players (labeled "budget"--I guess I wish I had the reviewer's salary).

While that part is nice, the reviewer also notes that "there's nothing particularly compelling" in the Clip+ over the Clip. Yeah, guess that's right: the microSD slot is of no great benefit and really is just cosmetic ... The reviewer also notes that not much has changed since the Clip. Yep, right again, that folder view is really nothing ...

Humorously, the only upfront cons for the player are listed as, "SlotRadio cards are not included. Bundled USB cable is very short."

A nice result, the Editors' Choice, but a lacking review.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Lol, anyone else hear her call it a shuffle halfway through the video?

It was when she was comparing it to the gen 1 Clip

Old 08-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Humorous, and just silly:

Just saw PCMag's review of the Clip+,
Their reviews are terrible! They rated the Samsung Q2 higher than the P3, and read their Cons for the Q2:

Cons

Slightly large for a small-capacity player. Weak file support.

Where are they getting this "weak file support" crap? Because it doesn't support AAC? And notice the touchpad is not listed as a con.....they actually had it as a pro Their reviews make CNET's look almost credible.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Banned

I bet they'd have been happy if Slotradio cards had been included- they like packaged, processed crap.

Tags
clip+, cnet, review