android
Old 12-20-2006, 11:03 AM

Unhappy Cannot get Napster songs to work/sync

OMG... I feel like I've tried everything. All of my other songs on WMP work when I sync them onto my clix, but for some reason, whenever I try to sync a file from Napster, the message "You must sync your device to your PC" comes up.

I've tried syncing directly from Napster and from WMP (versions 10 and 11). I've tried copying all of my Napster files into one new file, uniforming the song and track information and then syncing... nothing is working. I even tried doing these step by step suggestions here.
http://www.misticriver.net/wiki/inde...he_iRiver_H3xx

I can't get in touch with iriver support and I am now depressed. Would love any suggestions/help you guys could offer.

Thanx.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-20-2006, 11:40 AM

Not an expert, but have you tried Napster support? Also, have you tried simply opening your Clix like any hard drive and dropping and dragging your Napster files? I just drop mine (bought through MusicMatch) in without synch -- if they are WMP files it asks if I want them converted, even if I say no, they play just fine. I'm not saying this is the answer to your question but at least you would know if those files played on your Clix. I am using a 4GB Clix with 2.00 firmware.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:41 PM

I haven't tried Napster support yet... unfortunately, this isn't the only problem I can't trouble shoot. I've been on hold with Iriver Support for about 30 minutes now... it's very frustrating.

I wonder, am was my Iriver Clix supposed to come with any software other than an update for WMP? I ordered the 2 GB version... have uploaded the firmware, which I believe was already installed. I've formatted it, and the only thing I can get it to play is music I've ripped from CD's. Napster and video files seem to be alluding me. I'm using Iriverter to try to format a video file but I have a feeling that won't help either.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:16 PM

Can't speak for 2GB software, but none besides WMP 11 with 4GB. Did you try dragging and dropping? I just downloaded an album from MusicMatch, and when I dragged the protected WM files to my Clix folder it asked if I wanted to convert them. I said no, plays them fine. Have you tried doing that? The stuff from you CDs is probably unprotected MP3s.

Sorry, you're using their DRM service? Then, I am clueless...

Old 12-20-2006, 01:59 PM

I did try that... I didn't get prompted to convert the files or not and when I tried to play it again, it gave me the same response to sync my device to the PC. Thanks though.