android
Old 08-25-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMc3 View Post
Heavily edited this post (Removed translated French info and replaced with English info). The NWZ-E445 (16GB) is listed on both the Sony UK and Sony France websites.

E Series Features
Red=New Features? (My emphasis)
  • Playback your MP3 music, video and photo collections with our ultra-compact 16GB Walkman® E Series
  • Clear Audio Technologies work together to create a purer sound true to the original source (Clear Stereo / Clear Bass)
  • Dynamic Normaliser balances the volume level between songs for an easier listening experience
  • Listen for longer with an incredible battery life of up to 30 hours and watch video longer with a class-leading 6 hour battery life
  • FM radio for even more listening choice with 30 station presets
  • Playback multiple file formats for both audio and video. Supports MP3, AAC, WMA (DRM) and L-PCM for music, and H264/AVC, MP4, WMV (DRM) for video
  • Ultra bright 2.0” QVGA LCD screen displays razor sharp video, photos and album art. Videos can be watched in widescreen format
  • 30 frames per second video playback for outstanding clarity even from fast moving images
  • 16GB storage holds around 1,800 (at 128kbps) music tracks or approx 30 hours video (at 384kbps)
  • Fill your Walkman® with ease: Drag and drop with Windows explorer, synchronise with Windows Media® Player or export your iTunes music (excludes iTunes-DRM)
  • 5 band equaliser with preset (Heavy/Pop/Jazz/Unique) and customisable options brings out the best sound mix for your music
  • Supplied headphones (MDR-E804Y) deliver improved sound quality and sensitivity, with a Y-style cord
  • Make it your own with a choice of different themes and even set your own picture as a background
  • Easy-to-use menus with short cut icons like your mobile phone
  • WM-PORT to easily connect your Walkman® to optional accessories
  • Useful voice and FM recording function (in MP3) with a built-in microphone
  • Features alarm function and timer
The official release date is now 9/25/09 and it is available for pre-order for $99. See here
The sad thing is that Sony has retracted the voice and fm recording feature.

But the good news is the new S series is only $129 ($30 more)
while adding http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...81&postcount=7

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2009, 12:45 PM

will there ever be a new a-series? I've got the NW-A818 and I hope that they would release just one with a card slot (does not matter if it is memory stick or SD) and upped capacity.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:11 PM

that is the mystery at this point, this is not an IFA release but a stand alone walkman release. I have posted up the entire press release from sony regarding the S on my blog, link in sig :P and I also discuss any news of the A series as well in other posts.

but I can tell you that there will be no Sd micro or mem stick slot in the walkmans as with all previous ones.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:52 PM

thanks for the link, just subscribed to the rss feed. Anyway if they up the capacity to 64 GB than I surely won't need a card - slot

Old 08-25-2009, 02:01 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8 View Post
The sad thing is that Sony has retracted the voice and fm recording feature.
h1a8 I was thinking the exact same thing and wondered what happened to the options. But apparently nothing was removed, since the european modesl and north american models are not the same. The euro model is the E44x where as the north american model is the E34x, so if the E44x ever came to NA, then it would have the added features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numer0bis85 View Post
thanks for the link, just subscribed to the rss feed. Anyway if they up the capacity to 64 GB than I surely won't need a card - slot
thanks for that, hopefully I can grow my humble little blog.

also one more thing I found out, the new E has no WM-port but get this a mini-USB according to sonystyle canada, I will confirm this with sony just to be sure since the new S does have the WMport. Also the firmware according to sonysyle is upgradable, which is obvious.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:13 PM

yeah sony always says that the firmware is upgradeable but they never ever release a firmware upgrade :/. My A818 still has 1.0 firmware with the id3 bug, when you transfer files in msc mode. :/

Old 08-25-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numer0bis85 View Post
yeah sony always says that the firmware is upgradeable but they never ever release a firmware upgrade :/. My A818 still has 1.0 firmware with the id3 bug, when you transfer files in msc mode. :/
Really? I had a similar problem but using mp3tag now I have gotten around this issue and when I attach album art, it always appears on the walkman.