android
Old 12-31-2007, 06:11 PM

Default There goes the battery! Thanks bluetooth...

How much battery life does Bluetooth take away?

1) When you have it connected to your phone

2) When you are sending files

Im asking this because I went to a 6 hour party with my battery status about as follows: 1 1/4 bars.
I listened to music for about an hour.
Sent about 6 pictures wirelessly.
And kept it on a while with my mobile phone connected to it. (I answered a few calls)
It died about an hour before the party ended.

35 hour battery / 4 bars = 8 Hours a bar

Shouldn't I have had more than enough battery for that party?

THANKS! :-)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-31-2007, 07:54 PM

well it was prob the calls you made that did it!

Old 12-31-2007, 07:54 PM

It definetly drains it a lot, enough for me to not connect my phone until I see a really good reason to do so. I don't know this for sure, but I know I read somewhere on here that according to Samsung, 24 hours of life is 12 hours of batter life in Bluetooth language

Old 12-31-2007, 08:04 PM

For what it's worth...

I've been getting 7+ hrs of use out of my Moto S9 stereo headset in bluetooth mode paired with my YP-P2.. and at that point the battery on my P2 has appx. a little less than half it's charge left. More than enough for my uses, though greater battery time is always better. Frankly I expected less.

Though I have not yet done exact testing of the P2 battery life w/o bluetooth enabled.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:40 PM

Thanks I also forgot to charge it for 8 hours when I took it out of the package. The only odd thing is I thought the player got 35 hours of music, but samsung says the player gets a max of 30 hours in standby when the player is doing nothing.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:28 PM

Magical isn't it?

That's why it's such a surprise when manufacturer's claims to battery life holds true to their stated specs...

Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 PM

Let me reword that. I saw specs that said the player lasted 35 hours with music.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:52 PM

I was being humorous...

Though I am completely happy with the battery life on the P2, bluetooth on or not... it's a rare occurance when stated battery specs hold true in the real world. A lot of times the rated specs are quoted using some ridiculously low bitrate music.. and with the screen turned off.. not very realistic in most users situations.

It's highly unlikely that many P2 owners will attain the battery power time specs that Samsung has stated officially.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Samsung Moderator

Not only that, but many people aren't going to be listening to strictly 128 kbps mp3 with a single playlist that plays 30 hours continuously.

At least it's a flash player and changing the song doesn't spin up a battery molesting hard drive.

Bluetooth for stereo A2DP headphones works quite well actually. If you leave the volume at a level around where you would listen to it on wired headphones, the device power draw is only minimally higher than if it were having to drive the speakers in your headphones directly. The nice thing about Bluetooth is that as the signal quality improves, the codec falls back to a less redundant and thereby more efficient (think better battery life) signal transmission. You can expect about 15-20 hours of life from the player with a reasonable bitrate music stream on good A2DP headphones.

Not bad for something that only weighs about 80 grams.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcham89 View Post
How much battery life does Bluetooth take away?

1) When you have it connected to your phone

2) When you are sending files

Im asking this because I went to a 6 hour party with my battery status about as follows: 1 1/4 bars.
I listened to music for about an hour.
Sent about 6 pictures wirelessly.
And kept it on a while with my mobile phone connected to it. (I answered a few calls)
It died about an hour before the party ended.

35 hour battery / 4 bars = 8 Hours a bar

Shouldn't I have had more than enough battery for that party?

THANKS! :-)
Its difficult to measure life battery, basically it depends on usage. If you select a playlist or all files as random play mode, and dont change tracks, that means, screen would not have to lighten, battery would last more.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:03 AM

i do believe it is supposed to be 35h for mp3 and 5h for video

Old 08-21-2009, 12:02 PM

i run my bluetooth phones, insignia something or other, at work for 8+ hours everyday. never have any problem with the P2 loosing battery. But i also have the screen brightness turned to 2 and the back light timeout at the 5sec setting. But if i turn the brightness up to 7 or 8, then i just about make it all day on the battery. Might want to mess with the screen settings.