android
Old 07-17-2009, 03:09 AM

Default Podcast on the Walkman X(Direct Links)

Been doing some podcasting and so far its been working great!. im just curious to see what other types of podcast are out there and what you guys are listening to or watching on the go. i will post new podcast as i find them and all the links should be walkman friendly.so im starting this PODCAST thread for the walkman x. leave a link with a brief description of the podcast below.alright ill start it off...and to all who post...Thanks in advance!

P.S. Just Tested on my Walkman Web Browser for direct download and links work fine.

-Audio-
Listen Up-Join Garnett Lee, John Davison, David Ellis, and other 1UP Network editors as they sound off on the latest topics in gaming. Everything, from the latest gaming news to the new game releases, gets discussed each week.

http://www.1up.com/flat/Podcasts/podcasts.xml

Good Grief-1UP's sophomoric, crass, and occasionally illuminating podcast, Good Grief, dissects the videogame culture's humorous side and gets down and dirty with the 1UP community. Join us for play sessions, forum wars, and all out tomfoolery

http://www.1up.com/flat/Podcasts/goodgrief.xml

At 1up-Join Mike Cruz, Jade Kraus, Matt Shirk, and Travis Williams as they give you the skinny on what's going on at 1UP. Along with game discussion, the crew and their occasional guests talk about all the stories behind the stories that go up on the site

http://www.1up.com/flat/Podcasts/at1up.xml

Cnet mp3 Insider-Changes are swift in the new age of MP3 and digital audio. Stay in the loop every Tuesday as Jasmine France and Donald Bell discuss the latest digital music and video news, hardware, software, and media services, and address reader calls and e-mail.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/cnet/mp3insider?format=xml

-Video-
Cnet Prizefight-It's the ultimate face-off between tech's top dogs in this five-round, winner-takes-all bout. Watch every blow-by-blow, where you'll find the hottest cell phones, digital audio players, cameras, and more, battling it out for Prizefight supremacy.

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/cnet/prizefight

Cnet's Top 5-Check out the best and worst of technology as counted down by CNET TV's Tom Merritt, from the hottest gadgets, to the worst downloads, and much more. Watch each week to find out what's No. 1.

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/cnet/top5

Cnet News Video-From industry news to techy trends to newsmaker interviews, no technology angle is too small or obscure to explore. Our reporters take you there in this video series that aims to bring you even closer to the tech news you find daily on CNET News.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/cnet/news

The Apple Byte-The Apple Byte covers the fact, the fiction, and everything inside the world of Apple. Brian Tong talks about the latest Apple announcements, the rumors, and he'll break down the good and bad of Apple with an edgy style.

P.S. I dont like Apple in general but its nice to know what they're up to...

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/cnet/applebyte

Last edited by mixed_gears; 07-17-2009 at 06:41 AM. Reason: testing

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-17-2009, 12:59 PM

how are you finding podcasts on the X in general ?

I had a S639 - and its video compatabilty with podcasts used to really wind me - used to get the odd circumstance where a podcast would be recorded 1 pixel (!!) - out of spec for the Sony (say it would support 430x if the podcast was 431x it wouldn't play etc)

is this still the case with the X ?

what I like about the IPODs is that they are much less source picky - will play up to 640x and downscale to the actual required res

does the X do this ?

Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckster View Post
how are you finding podcasts on the X in general ?

I had a S639 - and its video compatabilty with podcasts used to really wind me - used to get the odd circumstance where a podcast would be recorded 1 pixel (!!) - out of spec for the Sony (say it would support 430x if the podcast was 431x it wouldn't play etc)

is this still the case with the X ?

what I like about the IPODs is that they are much less source picky - will play up to 640x and downscale to the actual required res

does the X do this ?
sadly no. i found the cnet ones by luck. thats so far the only video podcast that actually work. ive subscribed and downloaded a few podcast from g4 and the res. for the podcast are 640x480, needless to say, the X does not play this due to res. so finding video podcast is very much hit and miss. so this is exactly why i started this podcast thread. in hopes of finding more podcast(audio or video)that im completely not aware of.

Last edited by mixed_gears; 07-17-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:10 PM

thanks - G4 was one of the ones that didn't work

but I also had others that were fine 70% of the time - but then occasionally they would be a couple of pixels too wide or something stupid and not play .... very annoying

Old 07-17-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
thanks - G4 was one of the ones that didn't work

but I also had others that were fine 70% of the time - but then occasionally they would be a couple of pixels too wide or something stupid and not play .... very annoying
only podcast videos i have are the cnet ones and the quality is really good. i believe it display 480x272 AVC. if you have any video podcast that have worked on previous walkman they should work fine on the new walkman x.feel free to post.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:31 PM

actually the X is probably more compatible than my S639 - just as its native res is higher

as the max width of any video was 320 on the S639 - that was very very limiting when it came to compatability with video podcasts

Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 PM

mmm according to manual - AVC/MP4 is limited to max 320x240 ???!!!!

but WMV9 - is ok up to 480 - thats crazy

Old 07-17-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
mmm according to manual - AVC/MP4 is limited to max 320x240 ???!!!!

but WMV9 - is ok up to 480 - thats crazy
incorrect. wmv9 is not compatible with 480x272. believe me i tried. as far as i know, wmv9 is limited to 320x240 which is weird cause i think the stock videos that came with the player were running wmv9@432x240. ive tried this also and no luck.AVC however is. im converting movies and have movies on my walkman x with avc/h.264 profile@480x272. the pros to having avc is QUALITY is AMAZING!. and the cons...bigger output file and LONG conversion time. so disregard the manual.

Last edited by mixed_gears; 07-17-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:02 AM

Thanks for the Cnet links!

Old 08-14-2009, 07:34 PM

Thanx for the Cnet links... I was wandering if sony could sort out podcast scaling problems with a firmware update?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM

Also from Cnet, cnet car tech video. Very cool. On your walkman, google cnet video podcasts and you'll find a link to a list of podcasts. From there, you can subscribe to the car tech podcast.

Man, I wish there'd be more podcasts since I can't freakin get youtube to work on my player!