android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa

Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 PM

well what's all the talk about the Sansa 'Touch' I've been hearing about? btw - anyone have any scuttlebutt on when the next FW updates to the Fuze and clip?
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
well what's all the talk about the Sansa 'Touch' I've been hearing about? btw - anyone have any scuttlebutt on when the next FW updates to the Fuze and clip?
Touchscreen Sansa, don't really know.....supposedly they wanted to trademark the name "Sansa Tap" (insert "goes to 11" joke here).

As far as FW updates, Clip would be up next, but there's been no word. Given some of the behavior in the firmware update thread in the Sansa forum leading up to and then after the last Fuze update, I really wouldn't blame them for saying , "screw you guys" and making everyone wait longer than usual.

Obviously I hope that's not the case, and I would welcome a Clip update, seeing as how I use my Clips more often than my Fuze(not that I don't like the Fuze)

Old 06-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Clip with SDXC slot instead of internal memory would really rock...

Old 06-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Clip with SDXC slot instead of internal memory would really rock...
If one was set up that way, would there still be a database refresh after card insertion, like there is on the Fuze? Or could it bypass that? (hopefully...the refresh for that kind of card could be epic.)

Old 06-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I wouldn't care - I would wait until Rockbox ran on it instead of the awful stock firmware.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Vote for Sansa Touch, come on Sansa go to Touch-Full screen competition, i know u can

Old 07-20-2009, 04:39 AM

Personally, I think Sansa ought to streamline their product lineup and focus their efforts on getting more 3rd party companies on-board with more products with a built-in Sansa dock. What do we have now; one Altec Lansing speaker dock, and a Timex clock radio dock? Griffin used to make a dock. That's three companies. I own Sansa's own dock, and it's a wonderful (albeit a tad overpriced) product, and I'm seriously considering the Timex clock radio dock. However, what's killing Sansa is the fact that, while products like the Fuze are very competitive against the iPod, everywhere you look all the accessories are designed to work with iPod. In fact, it's difficult to find a boom box today without an iPod dock! Would-be Sansa buyers who recognize the clear benefits of a product like the Fuze (SD card expansion, superior sound quality, better price, solid quality feel) look around and see a world catering to the iPod.

So basically I'm saying that they take the money they were going to spend on developing the next new Sansa and put that into 3rd party relations and marketing, while upgrading existing products as necessary (ie; a 32MB Fuze/16MB Clip).

Oh, and one other thing; give the Fuze text-to-speach capability, so it can speak out the menu and music options, as well as "Read" text files. This would give the Sansa products huge appeal to the visually impaired segment of the population, and earn Sansa brownie PR points for addressing the needs of the handicapped.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

i think the next Sansa is the one leaked before, Sansa Tap

Old 08-17-2009, 01:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
i think the next Sansa is the one leaked before, Sansa Tap
Just because they put in to register "Sansa Tap" as a trademark doesn't mean necessarily that they will ever even use it as a name. As leaks go this one was pretty weak. It would be nice to see sandisk come out with something soon now that everybody it seems is releasing their next big thing. Still would be nice to see a clip with a microsd slot instead of internal memory or even the Slot Radio player minus the whole slot radio protocol.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

A replacement for the View is desperately needed. Sandisk needs some high capacity players with a full sized card slot, a large screen, and longer battery life. They need something to compete against the Cowon D2+, S9, Samsung P3, etc.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:36 PM

Sansa needs to hurry up before i buy a Zii Egg or a Zune HD

Old 08-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
Vote for Sansa Touch, come on Sansa go to Touch-Full screen competition, i know u can
Why be one of the many, a follower :/ There’s something nice to be said about tactical controls and most company’s are giving them up too soon.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-27-2009, 09:11 PM

Default Just furthering the discussion

Hey all, I love reading the posts! I like the Fuze and I'm sure we all do-let's face it, we bought them! I don't mind the converter. I think if I had to load a full size file of a cartoon it would use much more space than a converted file. If you campare vid file size going in and what is used, it's doing a great job of allowing me to load more vid files (I like to get old cartoons off of You Tube) I like the present UI, the buttons and switches are fine. I'd like a larger memory (I'm waiting for the price of the 16 gig micro sd cards to come down) and a slightly bigger screen with the ability to read some free books (pdf, tx files etc.)from google and the manual that goes with the device. I'd love to have a small pocket text reader.

I've used various smaller wi-fi, do it all devices devices and would like to own one but as of yet nothing has really grabbed the money out of my wallet.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9 View Post
or even the Slot Radio player minus the whole slot radio protocol.
I'd settle for being able to buy one (or the Slot Media player). Last time I checked, they won't ship Slot Radio to Canada. I can get Slot Media shipped to Canada, but I have been down in the States three times this month (with probably one more trip on Monday the 31st), and thought I might be able to buy one. If you know where to get one in the Buffalo area, I'm listening.

Steve

Old 08-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
I'd settle for being able to buy one (or the Slot Media player). Last time I checked, they won't ship Slot Radio to Canada. I can get Slot Media shipped to Canada, but I have been down in the States three times this month (with probably one more trip on Monday the 31st), and thought I might be able to buy one. If you know where to get one in the Buffalo area, I'm listening.

Steve
Maybe BestBuy or even Walmart, but if it was me I'd just buy a Fuze since it is supposed to play the slot radio media also.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post

Steve
Radio Shack carries them. All the Buffalo area stores are in stock according to their website. Shame you missed the sale for $79.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

On the Sandisk website message board, they are talking about the Clip+, a Clip with a card slot.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Right now I doubt that Sansa will make a touchscreen player because Sansa has always been a "bang for your buck" company, and a touchscreen player will be costly to develop.

They'd have to develop a brand new UI to accommodate the touchscreen, as well as a responsive touchscreen, and a better processor in order to have a smooth UI (which is an important thing in touchscreens).

Currently, my guess would be that they continue to update their Clip and Fuze line, and maybe update on their View line.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:40 PM

I really hope they make another player like the e200 series with more capacity and maybe a more scratch resistant screen =\

I Just loved the dimensions of it, it was like a little tank. I got a view not to long after they came out and i was always worried it would get warped from being in my pocket, and eventually the screen did end up cracking =(

My e200 just stopped working and is now beyond repair, i think one of the traces on the video ribbon snapped.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:08 AM

It would be nice to see a View+, with the same audio chip as the Clip and Fuze and perhaps a few other small hardware updates. Also that SanDisk doesn't abandon the player within less than 1 year after it is released.

Or a Sansa Tap with touch screen. But I think that SanDisk is going for more basic players that just focus on sound quality, and that the View was their last attempt at competing with Apple.