android
Old 06-21-2009, 12:00 PM

Default S9 freezes when trying to acces database

I powered my S9 on my computer after it ran out of juice, after dissconnecting my S9 after a certain period of time and turning it back on I noticed somethings:
  • When I turned it on everything seemed to work, but when I tried to play some music the thing got stuck after pressing artists (same for albums, songs ect.)
  • But when I tried to acces the settings menu the device didn't freeze.
  • My favorites were suddenly filled with korean lines.
  • My bookmarks also were filled with korean text.

I expierenced a same kind of thing on my D2 but when I removed the skin that I used on my D2 the freeze went away.

So I removed my claw UI, because that was the only thing which could interfere with my S9, for as far as I could think off, but after I removed it, the same thing still happened..

I haven't hard reset or installed the first FW yet, because I hoped it wasn't nessesary.

It runs on FW2.30 btw.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 PM

Come on people, please help me... I gave my S9 a hard reset once again and all was good till I filled it with music once again. I'm gonna try putting music on it from a different source maybe that will help.

But please if anybody has any clue at all then please help me..

Old 06-22-2009, 03:56 PM

i would say reinstalling everything will fix it. this is not common for the cowon s9 but it is common for many flash devices and old windows mobile phones with flash memory to fuck up if you let the battery fully drain. as cowon says in the manual best to just not drain the battery fully down and keep giving it small charges at least and not letting it drain. 55 hours is great and only useful for emergencies but cant you charge it every night. it gets 11 hours of video and more then enought of audio i cant imagine you draining it in one day.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:58 AM

Thanks you're the best, I'll try it right away.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 AM

It worked, but is it also possible that the problem lies in the fact that I use mac? Because I've used a windows pc this time around and it was no biggie.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 PM

Default Help!!!

Same thing happened to me.. twice.. and I use a Mac.. Everything was fine until this time I plugged it into my Mac book.. (Didn't have the macbook plugged in by the way).. The after that none of my videos show up and it freezes when trying to access the music through artist or albums.. while it's plugged into my mac I can see all the files. The first time it happened I thought I had a defective one so I took it back. Now it happened with this one as well.. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it? I'm on vacation and I need it to work. So what do I do?
Appreciate the help!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 AM

omg i just bought one..i got it home and it does the exact same thing! none of the songs i load onto it play! it freezes whenever i try to go to "artists" and the menus have a bunch of Korean text!

I am ALSO on a mac! im taking it back tomorrow! i was going to get another one because i thought it was the device but i guess its not compatible with mac? that sucks! i really wanted a cowon s9 but im not going to risk it freezing up on me and losing my files all the time.

i really didnt want to get an ipod but i guess im going to be stuck getting one! man!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:17 AM

annd why do they put the mic right next to the reset hole? it makes u accidentally stick a pin into the mic! THAT CANT BE GOOD!