android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Default Zune USB Support for Car Headunits Petition

EVERY major manufacturer is now selling units with USB front/rear jacks for USB devices...

That's the good news.

Less than a year ago, the only "MP3" input was an iPod jack, which shut every Zune user out. But alas, now we have USB input(s), but Microsoft isn't taking advantage of it. Microsoft could easily provided our units the ability to stream through these devices so that we can have integration with our cars and Zunes.

If nothing else, they could use the same data-stream format used by the iPod to transmit to the car stereo, meaning all of the "iPod" functionality you get when you use an iPod over a thumb drive would work with our Zunes.

I purchased the DEH-P5100UB (already knowing that there was no Zune support) just because there were 2 USB ports on it. I am HOPING that Microsoft will update the Zune firmware to allow it to stream to these headunits.

For now, I use a 32GB Flash drive mounted in my glovebox. But I would love the ability to use my Zune!

If anyone else agrees. Post here and let your voice be heard.

Let's tell Microsoft to get on the ball and make their device on par with the iPod/iPhone in the mobile audio arena.

BTW: Let's hope the ZuneHD isn't plagued by the same issues either!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
car audio, petition, usb, zune