android
Old 08-11-2009, 10:41 AM

Default Motorola M500 modded to 8GB roughly

I don't know if this has been done before but I took an old Motorola M500, which had a 5gb seagate microdrive in it before and replaced it with a 8 GB transcend CF card, put it in upgrader mode and used the 1.01 firmware update (last official one) and it kinda works.

The firmware for the M500 was always unstable at one point but I heard that test units had beta fw 1.02 which might solve many issues that I have with the mod. (resets every 6 second on idle unless I play a song, also leave it to charge on my computer in idle mode and then transfer or read data to it will shut off and is a pain to try to turn in on again)

Has anyone hear know a good way to find the files that have names different than what they sould be called?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-12-2009, 04:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

motorola has a DAP?? wow nice info brother

off-topic, how is the sound??

Old 08-12-2009, 05:58 AM

It was released 2004-5ish can't be sure but at the time it was a pretty good device other than the firmware causing many issues at one point or another, it was basically similar to a an old Rio brand player (the music manager program was powered by rio software) but had mass storage support and FM radio recording, clock, stopwatch and back light display, no voice record though.

I wasn't able to save the original Microdrive (kept on making that "I'm Dead" clicking noise) but the sound was okay when I first bought it 4 years ago and hoping to test it again if I can find that firmware(issued to test units and was the only firmware to make it work 100% of the time)

Tags
dap105, m500, motorola